Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Wrapper Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmost

i think it looks pretty dull and tastes very plain. earthy would be the only consistant descriptor for it. not really my favorite.

I agree wholeheartedly, JC. Dull surface, toothy texture, wet garden odor, earthy flavor, weak. and a greenish color to boot. Not a fan of bazooka and don't understand the fandom for it.

I'm all over CT Shade where you want a creamy effect, mild, tan cigar color, easy, big; or Habano 2000 for a fine brown cigar appearance and max flexibility, with a wonderful flavor too.

I've got to say, I also don't get the eagerness so often expressed round here to search thru fillers and binders looking for a leaf which could be construed as wrapper grade but accidentally escaped the professional leaf graders. Don will gladly ship you a whole bag full of nothing but the biggest finest wrapper grade leaves selected from the rest by pros. Sure, wrapper leaf is twice as expensive -- 42 bucks a pound for habano. But you only need half a leaf. One half leaf both binds and wraps one cigar for me. And just to be able to reach out for the finest textured big clear stuff, it's a pleasure to work with. I think it's well worth the price. I don't know how many leaves there are in a pound of habano wrapper -- lots and lots, cause they're so thin -- but at half a leaf to bind and wrap a stick, how much does that cost you? Fifteen cents? A quarter? I think you guys are gypping yourselves.

webmost

I believe theres somewhere between 50-65 leaves per pound given various varieties.

Jeepers! I musta hit it right on the head, Smokin H! How often does that happen?

Hab 2000 wrapper = 42 bucks a lb
Sumatra binder = 24 bucks a lb
save 18 bucks a pound
say 60 leaves per hab pound
18 bucks divided by 60 leaves = 30 cents diff per leaf
two wrappers per leaf = 15 cents saved per wrapper

I have no idea how this just happened. Usually, any time I get to exaggerating, I am away way off.

So according to my old fashioned math-in-the-head, left over from back in the days we didn't take laptops to the classroom, if you go diligently picking thru leaves, all year long and you manage to scrounge 100 wrappers from binder stock which you are willing to put up with the blemishes of, you will save a magnificent fifteen bucks.

Give Don the money. He'll fix you up.

I'm also diggin this habano from Big Bonner. I love the look. Think I'll fire up one of those test sticks I made last week, smoke it this evening, just to see what it tastes like.

juan carlos

just for the record, i wasn't scrounging the bag...they were just in such nice form it seemed a waste to crunch them up and put them inside!

i kept them out mostly for trying a different blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.