Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Creating your own fate. The true spirit of the Free Market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I'd like to introduce you to my newest wholesale customer. Enjung is located in The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (aka South Korea). In the truest form of entrepreneurship, Enjung has decided to take his fate into his own hands and not just sit around and bitch about how hard things are.

IMG_20151030_112048[1] (1).jpg

IMG_20151030_111200[1] (1).jpg

IMG_20151030_110914[1] (1).jpg

I will post updates as they become available. This could become a very interesting case study on Freedom.

Last edited:

bonehead

if i tried that the cops and taxman would shut me down. i read about a elementary school aged girl getting harassed by the cops for selling lemonaid in her own front yard in ct. they shut her down and fined her parents. all i can say about that is what the %$&&

ChinaVoodoo

I've been considering this. The legislation in Canada is unclear for this specific scenario. One can have an excise warehouse license permitting possession of untaxed "raw leaf tobacco". An individual is allowed 15kg of tax free tobacco. Therefore, could I not get the excise warehouse license and sell max 15kg to anyone who wants, then let them use my shredder after the purchase?

webmost

I love it! Looks like a steady “loosie” market he's got going there. Very nice.

Illegal Parking, Wearing a Hoodie, and Selling Loosies --- try those three in NYC, you could get shot. Just sticking his butt out in traffic takes guts.

I'm sure he gives pedestrians a good deal, cause, you know, honest Enjung :p

How much is shipping Akron to Seoul?
I'll pitch in a blend kit next time you send.

USHOG

In NY City the cops strangled a man and killed him while trying to arrest him for selling ciggs without paying the taxes on the tobacco he was selling. Its good to push the rules but you have to pay the consequences.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Well that's why he came to the attention of the law, but that's not why he died. Things would have played out much differently if he had acted civilized.

I'm sure our friend in Seoul will have more tact if he has to deal with the law.

webmost

a note to the moderators: The reason we step over the line into politics so frequently is because politics so frequently steps over the line onto us. It's not us; it's the do-gooders. If they'd stop, we'd be glad to. This country was built by people who just wanted to be left alone. Not no more. Even the ostrich, you tweak his tail, will pop his head up out of the sand. There's a limit to strict conformity to every regulation the do-gooders can dream up.

Hats off to Honest Enjung. Wish him luck. He may be more free there than we here in the Land of the Free.

buck

I've been considering this. The legislation in Canada is unclear for this specific scenario. One can have an excise warehouse license permitting possession of untaxed "raw leaf tobacco". An individual is allowed 15kg of tax free tobacco. Therefore, could I not get the excise warehouse license and sell max 15kg to anyone who wants, then let them use my shredder after the purchase?

I've been thinking the same. The 15KG of tax free tobacco you grow and process is for personal use only so you can't sell it legally, that makes sense to me. Another thing to remember is that if you allow others to use your machines for processing then you need to get a manufacturing license.
An option is to import and sell whole leaf , you'll need a warehouse license to store and manufacturing license then sell whole leaf to customers and charge them for using your machines. Once processed it becomes tobacco so your clients would be limited to 15KG for personal use, any more would be breaking the law?? That's my understanding but I just briefly looked into it.

< edit> I believe that would be 15Kg per year unless they buy whole leaf only so you're looking at yearly recurring business per customer. This looks similar to the make your own wine/beer business , winder if we can apply that model to tobacco.

ChinaVoodoo

I've been thinking the same. The 15KG of tax free tobacco you grow and process is for personal use only so you can't sell it legally, that makes sense to me. Another thing to remember is that if you allow others to use your machines for processing then you need to get a manufacturing license.
An option is to import and sell whole leaf , you'll need a warehouse license to store and manufacturing license then sell whole leaf to customers and charge them for using your machines. Once processed it becomes tobacco so your clients would be limited to 15KG for personal use, any more would be breaking the law?? That's my understanding but I just briefly looked into it.

< edit> I believe that would be 15Kg per year unless they buy whole leaf only so you're looking at yearly recurring business per customer. This looks similar to the make your own wine/beer business , winder if we can apply that model to tobacco.

If them using your machines makes you a manufacturer, then the major issue is that manufactured tobacco needs an excise sticker. The stickers cost money. It's where all the tax revenue comes from. You need to sell them whole leaf for it to work. Perhaps if the shredder was in a van parked on the street? Then it's them using their own right to manufacture with their exempt amount, just like how we do it when we get tobacco from Don.

buck

Yes, I double checked and it makes you a manufacturer and all that comes with it , stamps , excise tax etc.. I don't believe there would be much cost savings to a customer and business model would fail.

ChinaVoodoo

Excise tax on pipe tobacco is close to 15 cents per gram. I forget the exact number. Anyways legitimately speaking, you could produce a 50g package of tobacco for relatively cheap. Maybe 3$ to Don, 50cents to USPS, and 7.5$ to canada revenue. Add a 100% profit and you're around 22$. That's way less than what you get it for at the tobacconist.

Question is, can the manufacturer sell to the consumer? I'm pretty sure the answer is no. So you need four companies. Company A the importer who has an excise warehouse who sells to company B the manufacturer, who puts stickers on and sells to company C, the distributor who sells to company D, the retailer.

Gdaddy

It's not us; it's the do-gooders. If they'd stop, we'd be glad to. This country was built by people who just wanted to be left alone. Not no more. Even the ostrich, you tweak his tail, will pop his head up out of the sand. There's a limit to strict conformity to every regulation the do-gooders can dream up.

It's not just the "do-gooders' that want to restrict your freedoms. The opposite side is guilty as well (do-badders?). Both sides seem to have an agenda they think is right and want to push it on people.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Does everyone understand the reason we don't talk politics here is because it's the easiest way to make enemies with your friends? This thread is about the human spirit to succeed...not about any political party...but I suppose there are those who think "success" or at least the strive to do so, is political in nature.

If you let government walk all over you...it will. Right, Left, Commie, Fascist...they're all the same. They all know what's better for you than you do.

webmost

If we have completely lost faith in the powers of.friendly persuasion then we have no more business pretending to parliamentary forms of government. Hand the whole business over to autocrats and bureaucrats and backroom deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.