Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hello from Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk45

Hi everyone. I got into cigars a few months back, and being someone who loves to try to do everything themselves, I want to give cigar making a shot. I make knives as a hobby, make bows as a hobby, build things and work on cars/motorcycles, so might as well add to the list.

I have a whole lot of reading and video watching to do, so I'll get to it.

Old#12

Welcome Hawk. If it's cigars you're into. You're in the right place Lot of folks on this forum like you who like to do it themselves and they have a lot of helpful information. Good luck. #12

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
theres nothinh but a bunch of do it yourselfers on here, and some of them are very wise when it comes to thier cigars,

hawk45

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
Lucked into a nice classic cigar mold at a high end knick-knack shop the wife wanted to go into today.. 4.5" x 44RG with 20 slots.
1111151638.jpg

1111151636.jpg

Here are a few of my knives:

Group2.jpg

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
them are some nice looking knives... me myself i carry a switchblade. mainly for cutting my meat , in my lunchbowl.

but driving a truck all day. you never know when u need a blade,

hawk45

them are some nice looking knives... me myself i carry a switchblade. mainly for cutting my meat , in my lunchbowl.

but driving a truck all day. you never know when u need a blade,

I hear ya brother. I never leave home without one.

I've been into knives since I was a small boy. After years of buying knives, I decided to try making one. Found out I was pretty good at it and friends started asking me to make some for them. I still only do the knives as a creative hobby, so I really hate taking orders. Nothing worse than your hobby becoming a job.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Your knives are very nicely crafted. The old saying is "If you don't strive for perfection, you will never achieve excellence". Just my words of wisdom for the day. Great job on the knives. You'll find many craftsmen on this forum. Our DIY get 'er done attitude is what drew us to growing our own tobacco in the first place. If you can get some pictures along the way from start to finish, many of us would love to see a knife making thread in General Discussions. Also, the skill set and tools required for knife making would make for a great start in making smoking pipes. www.pipemakersforum.com

hawk45

Thanks everyone. I'll get something up in the DIY forum, but there is also lots of wonderful information in the Knifemakers section at Bladeforums.

Status
Not open for further replies.