Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

2015 seed for swap -Smokin Harley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokin Harley

Popping seed pods today. Nice lazy day with the weather really nasty cold and windy out so since my garage putzing is pretty much done I moved inside today. Got some good blues on Spotify while I clean this 2015 season's seed...anyway. I am packaging my pure seed in 2 x 3" ziplock bags .
A little more than level 1/4 teaspoon of seed per bag. Should be enough for a small plot grower to last quite a few seasons or a large plot a season or maybe two .
For those interested ,I have seed available starting today. For those that sent me seed to get started I'd like to send you guys back some seed first if you're interested in current year seed. For those that want to swap seed for seed , let me know what you have and what you need . Keep an eye on this thread as I will be giving more varieties as I clean them and the amount available, a running balance once takers come up. I will also make sure I donate a bag or two of each to the seed bank for a huge thank you to FTT and WLT for not only producing this forum but maintaining it as well as every letter of advice given and help along the way.

I will also put up a list of what seed I'm looking for. Sticking with only cigar varieties with exception to chewing leaf tobacco.

So far this is what I've cleaned today. I have these seeds available followed by quantity of ziplock bags containing 1/4 tsp of seed each.

Ct. Broadleaf - 14 bags
Machu Picchu Havana -16 bags
Havana 608- 30 bags
Criollo 98 - 32 bags
Vuelta Abajo- 40 bags+ (I have another 2x3 bag almost full of bulk seed "in the vault", I just got tired of writing on the tiny bags)
Java Bezuki- 30 bags

I would like any Habano or Havana seed. Criollo other than 98 or Ti 1376.
If possible I would like to trade for a bag of CT Shade LEAF since I ended up with none. I still have one chaveta and one tuck cutter available if a bag of CT Shade leaf is at all possible for trade.
Thanks everyone. stay tuned for the other seed pods to be cleaned.

Smokin Harley

Todays 2015 seed pod popping and available seed . This is the end of my 2015 seed supply . Again, just over a level 1/4 teaspoon of seed per bag-

Black Mammoth - 22 bags
Florida Sumatra - 20 bags
Little Dutch - 25 bags +
Long Red - 11 bags
Madole - 25 bags

Let me know what you need and let me know what you have .
I want to trade, Thanks guys.

Smokin Harley

I guess I need to post a revised list of the total of what seeds I have available. I've already got a few inquiries which I will fill and get out in the mail once a week . Here is whats left. when the bags number equals the (-) number at the end , thats it.

Ct. Broadleaf - 14 bags -2

Machu Picchu Havana -16 bags -2
Havana 608- 30 bags -1
Criollo 98 - 32 bags -2
Vuelta Abajo- 40 bags+ (I have another 2x3 bag almost full of bulk seed "in the vault", I just got tired of writing on the tiny bags) -3
Java Bezuki- 30 bags -1
Black Mammoth - 22 bags -2
Florida Sumatra - 20 bags -1
Little Dutch - 25 bags + -3
Long Red - 11 bags -3
Madole - 25 bags -2

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
I haven't got time to clean and grow tested my seed yet but I have Havana#501 (the first Havana how was resistant to "wildfire") its a filler/binder type. But I will put up a give away list later..

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
how is that black mammoth ? ive heard / read a lot about it... is it mild or strong all by itself,?

i got some cigar varities you may be intrested in... tonight i;ll dig out what i got, for trade on some of that black mammoth.

Smokin Harley

I haven't got time to clean and grow tested my seed yet but I have Havana#501 (the first Havana how was resistant to "wildfire") its a filler/binder type. But I will put up a give away list later..
I'd be happy to get some Havana 501 off you Hasse, but I think the shipping over here might be a little rough on you. Maybe grin has it or Bob, or Don....I sure appreciate the thought though .

Smokin Harley

how is that black mammoth ? ive heard / read a lot about it... is it mild or strong all by itself,?

i got some cigar varities you may be intrested in... tonight i'll dig out what i got, for trade on some of that black mammoth.

I won't know yet but everything from the first kiln batch turned out really good. I lost a couple handfuls of leaf to mold but those were at the bottom of the tubs that sat on the kiln floor. I'm chalking that up to a cold bottom/poor air circulation . From now on, I will set the bottom tubs up on bricks.
I sorted ,smoothed and bagged that whole batch . The aromas are awesome ,right now very sweet, floral and fruity(apricot) depending on variety. Waiting for the case to reduce a bit before I seal the bags for long term extended aging. I check for moisture and mold three times a day , so far so good .
Black Mammoth actually turned out better than I expected. Those plants were on the east edge of the plot and got affected by flood early on ,but they also grew in mostly shade (neighbors maple trees shade that spot until almost 10am and the rest of the tobacco grew taller and shaded it after about 2pm). I didn't get as much out of it yield-wise but what I did get resulted in some good rich color and texture , some decent wrapper quality.
I sat on my Big Red shop stool in my hobby room with the tubs in front of me . I just sorted leaf for hours ,had 6 different colors and textures laid out on both my legs. Some leaf is like leather which I suppose will be binder, some are delicate like tissue paper ,and then the wrapper -very rich colors, stretchy ,oily.
I can imagine the sorting rooms how the women that do this day in day out do this but on a larger scale. It's rhythmic ,it's tedious . According to A.J. Fernandez, They sort out some 40 different colors and textures. Really makes one appreciate what goes into a fine bought cigar .
I also noticed the little bit of buzz you get from simply handling tobacco for hours.
I'd be happy to trade with you ,Chicken. Let me know what you have.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
No problem Smokin Harley. Me and a few people asked it out from Ars-Grin last year. As soon I have grow check em I can send you some if you want. Some people like to grow em and some people don't. My year was going great and I will grow em more times. I also like Huehuetenango match.

Brown Thumb

image.jpgI have some Dubeque Aecitron PI # 405572.
It is my sole survivor seed from the grow outs.
It is suppose to be cigar filler, the weird part is the couple of little leaves I actually harvested off the plant and air dried are Yellow. Like a flue cured.
No swap necessary.

DGBAMA

i got some cigar varities you may be intrested in... tonight i;ll dig out what i got, for trade on some of that black mammoth.

Black mammoth is my keeper variety to fill the niche of "dark air cure". Good grower, thick leaf, easy cure. Great FULL flavor. I like it as a blender in my cigs.

Smokin Harley

View attachment 17281I have some Dubeque Aecitron PI # 405572.
It is suppose to be cigar filler, the weird part is the couple of little leaves I actually harvested off the plant and air dried are Yellow. Like a flue cured.
No swap necessary.
That would be great BT, I'll take some (pm'ing you). What is its characteristics- flavor, aroma ,etc?

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Black mammoth is my keeper variety to fill the niche of "dark air cure". Good grower, thick leaf, easy cure. Great FULL flavor. I like it as a blender in my cigs.

thats what i plan on doing with it,

rustycase

I gotta put in my 2cents on that one...
Black mammoth is an excellent strain ! Definitely impressive ! lol
It is full bodied, and robust, when air cured. Not a real attractive color tone, though.
I was under the impression it is a flue cure baccy.

The Florida Sumatra strains going around are also an excellent selection.
A bit less, all around, than the Black Mammoth, but still, a great tobacco. More versatile...

YMMV
rc

DGBAMA

thats what i plan on doing with it,

I should add that it is fast maturing too. A good traditional for northerners with short growing seasons or southerners that might want to push the growing season for a second late crop.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
View attachment 17281I have some Dubeque Aecitron PI # 405572.
No swap necessary.
Sounds like "Woods" (PI:552778) alot of nice looking very Yellow leaf's. But just say don't have em in oral-snuff (snus). Actually the only tobacco I can tell not have a place in my "snus".
I let the leaf laying in stacks/pile some days before hanging em to air-cured.
After that every leaf turned brown. And taste alot better. Just a tip you can try (if your yellow leaf ain't good in taste).

Status
Not open for further replies.