Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hello from the Western Cape Winelands of South Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrapper

My name is Rog and I am a career farmer and distiller of absinthe and gin, with an interest in medicinal and aromatic plants. Now I need to roll some cigars. The is a medley of varieties in the tobacco patch, so we will see what works!

Van

Welcome
Medicinal Plants is awesome and we have such A large vereity here in South Africa.......
This site is A vault of knowledge

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
if your a farmer you should do fine growing your own bacca, and welcome to the club

Ben Brand

Rod I got loads of varieties. Broad leaves, wrappers, fillers, binders from all over the world, all cigar tobaccos, only smoke cigars. I will make a list and pm it to you.

wrapper

Terrific. Thanks. Cigars for me too. I hear, up to a point, just about any tobacco can be blended to make a reasonable cigar. But some must rate better than others. I look forward to that list.... At the moment I have some Maryland, Golden Virginia, Samsun, a Latakia type, Criollo 98 and Connecticut Broad. The Burley was a flop for some reason...

Rod I got loads of varieties. Broad leaves, wrappers, fillers, binders from all over the world, all cigar tobaccos, only smoke cigars. I will make a list and pm it to you.

Van

I will be restarting soon ....this heat wave demolished everything in my garden and we have water restrictions.
so hopefully its not to late to start now. Good luck if you decide to try for this season.

Is it too late to start seeds this season? Mid November already.... Or better to wait till next season?

ChinaVoodoo

Is it too late to start seeds this season? Mid November already.... Or better to wait till next season?

You'll be fine, for sure. I just looked at the weather data for Cape Town on Wikipedia, and you have at least until June to harvest. Even if you get an early frost, no worries. Tobacco can handle it.

wrapper

As China V says, we have a long season here. Right now I have plants at 8 leaf, six and 4 leaf stages in the open ground and babies still in pots and yet more just germinated in the floating trays. If 90 days are needed we have 'em! But I will not start any more seeds till next season.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Welcome to the forum. Every S. Africa that's joined so far has been a credit to the forum. What a great bunch of guys! Thanks for joining.

Status
Not open for further replies.