Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Greetings from SoCal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalbone

OK, so here is a pix of what I have growing right now. The top 7 are Mopan Mayan, and the bottom 7 are Bamboo Shoot. The Mopans are nice and sturdy. The Bamboo are fragile and they all have a weak point where the stem enters the soil...not really liking the way the bamboo is growing and will not be growing it again (unless it tastes phenomenal).

2016_B1-a_2-7-16_sm.jpg

I'll be starting 6 Kessu soon, followed by 12 Little Dutch. I'll probably then try Vuelta if I get some good seeds. My plan is to start a new small batch every 2 months from here and more or less be in a constant state of rotation, focusing on varieties that are smaller (for container growing) and have a maturity of 55 days or less.

burge

Get some from Don as well You will like it. Iits aged properly. It gives you baccy to smoke if your crops do not come out as expected I have never grown before I would want something to measure it by personally speaking

metalbone

Yes, I have a small enjoyable stock from Don with a supplemental package of Mata Fina/Flojo and some virginias/prilep on the way. I am thinking of making a cooler kiln based on ChinaV's set-up...but I still have a while before I need to get it up and running.

A couple of the pots had multiple plants, so I transplanted those. I also shored up the Bamboo by building up the soil around the stem bases and staking them. The Bamboo roots are weak and under-developed, whereas the Mopan roots are rock solid and very well developed. Weather is great right now...80's in the day, high 50s at night...

ChinaVoodoo

OK, so here is a pix of what I have growing right now. The top 7 are Mopan Mayan, and the bottom 7 are Bamboo Shoot. The Mopans are nice and sturdy. The Bamboo are fragile and they all have a weak point where the stem enters the soil...not really liking the way the bamboo is growing and will not be growing it again (unless it tastes phenomenal).

View attachment 17584

I'll be starting 6 Kessu soon, followed by 12 Little Dutch. I'll probably then try Vuelta if I get some good seeds. My plan is to start a new small batch every 2 months from here and more or less be in a constant state of rotation, focusing on varieties that are smaller (for container growing) and have a maturity of 55 days or less.

If you bring the soil level above the weak point, it will be structurally more stable, but I believe, like tomatoes, they will send out roots from the buried part of the stem as well.

Gavroche

Bonjour Chine, je croyais que nous avions à antagoniser (bump off) pieds de tabacs ...Make a mound of earth(ground) around the foot

metalbone

Thanks for the advice...I've built up the soil around the bases...hopefully they'll root from higher and stabilize the plants. They are starting to grow much quicker now...can't wait to see them in another month or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.