Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

import some leaf into New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladaok

I'm almost down to the tobacco dregs,
I contacted WLT and there are deliveries to kiwi's
The trouble is I will have to pay excise on the leaf of $NZ 0.81 per gram !!!!
I was hoping to purchase a pound ( 454gms ) that would cost me about US$ 200

Are there any kiwi's here that have imported and not paid the excise duty ... I don't think any kiwi would dream of paying the customs dept!
lol

ladaok

​ADMIN would this question be better placed else where in the forums

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I ship to New Zealand frequently and never heard of that kind of tax being charged. We attach all proper paperwork to the order in an attempt to educate customs workers as to what the package contains. I believe (by now) the customs workers know "unmanufactured tobacco" is NOT a tobacco product and will not be taxed at the rate of tobacco products.

If you order and they try to charge you 80 cents a gram, just refuse the package and I'll refund your money.

Reactions: Dee

ladaok

I ship to New Zealand frequently and never heard of that kind of tax being charged. We attach all proper paperwork to the order in an attempt to educate customs workers as to what the package contains. I believe (by now) the customs workers know "unmanufactured tobacco" is NOT a tobacco product and will not be taxed at the rate of tobacco products.

If you order and they try to charge you 80 cents a gram, just refuse the package and I'll refund your money.

well that's bloody interesting, I believe (by now) the customs workers know "unmanufactured tobacco" is NOT a tobacco product
Ok, i'll find your site and have a look
mostly I stick two cigarette papers together to get a fairly chunky, cig or cigar sort of smoke
your welcome to recommend a leaf variety

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I'd recommend the new Virginia red leaf if you're just going to get one pound to test the water at this time.

I'd try to describe it but how does one describe perfection?

Kiwikeg

Is Latakia considered an unmanufactured tobacco?

Kiwi2018

Good enough assurance for me. I've placed an order and will update the forum once received

Kiwi2018

Hi there kiwi.im looking at importing some here to kiwi land.any tips you can offer

It's pretty simple. Go to www.wholeleaftobacco.com and search for a sampler pack. You can choose anything but I find the sampler pack cheapest value and gives you a chance to find a tobacco variety you like. The Turkish is shit quality but it's good to blend / bulk out your pouch.
Once ordered, pay by credit or debit card and it's in the country in about a week or two. Then customs sits on it for about a month before you get a letter informing you of heat treatment charges (unless your lucky enough to slip by without it).
Pay the heat treatment via internet banking ($45 -$65) and it's on your doorstep a week or two later.
All up I get around 3pound for about $200nzd in about 6 weeks from ordering.

Jared

I just got some Virginia bright leaf and it arrived in NZ in 6 days had to pay $45 for heat treatment and got it on my doorstep yesterday, customs sends you a letter and you pay the $45 then wait .... Took 2weeks from landing in NZ to arriving at my home, they only heat treat stuff ever Friday and goes back to customs the following Wednesday then I got it on Friday.

JennyLeez

ChinaVoodoo

It actually sounds like NZ customs is really efficient. Half the time in Canada, despite no heat treatment, the tobacco sits in customs for over a week simply for a stamp or a sticker.

Orson Carte

It actually sounds like NZ customs is really efficient. Half the time in Canada, despite no heat treatment, the tobacco sits in customs for over a week simply for a stamp or a sticker.

Well, NZ Customs may be relatively efficient but once MPI ('quarantine') get involved the whole process becomes protracted.
Although you may get lucky and receive your consignment within ten days of ordering, this is certainly not the norm. It usually takes 6-7 weeks from go to whoa and costs you an extra $45 for quarantine 'treatment'.

Vinnie07

Hey I’m from New Zealand, I have ordered 3pounds of unmanufactured tobacco to be delivered to New Zealand, I was wondering what is the maximum you can order and import to New Zealand? Is there regulations on limit etc cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.