Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Pigtail Cap Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokin Harley

use a bigger leaf for wrapper , leave the cap end longer and keep it in upper case . Wet that portion in your cigar glue with finger and thumb if necessary. Once you are to the head end , keep rolling the stick and hold the "extra" leaf material in the off hand's first finger and thumb. As Juan Carlos said dig your nail tips into the head end a little to form the leaf to the head, this is done carefully because if you twist it too hard, you'll rip off what will become the pigtail. Keep going until it starts to twist loosely and evenly ,then a second time and it will naturally twist over itself forming the pig tail . When I do it , I only make 2 twists on the pigtail then tuck the rest back into the twist. snip off the extra with fine tip scissors.

WLJayne

I've been experimenting with this one my sticks, and I really like the effect. It definitely works better on a nicely rounded head that's been pressed in a mould. I can do it with the straight cut freehand rolls but the cap is more liable to tears.

davidcw5

Here is a drawing for what the wrapper looks like when I do a pigtail. I just keep rolling and twisting at the end then tuck it under itself.

David

IMG_2407 2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.