Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Identifying Orientals

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrapper

I am having difficulty sorting out some of the oriental types. Seeds acquired on the web as Black Sea Samsun are growing beautifully, healthy and happy. But they do not look like any photos or descriptions of any Samsun I can find other than the leaves are more spade or heart shaped, some almost round, than most other tobacco types. The leaves are also dark green and leathery with heavy veins on the lower side. They are also blooming at around 3' high with a yellow flower....

Can anyone - Istanbulin? -post a photo of what they know for sure is a true Samsun family type, and maybe spare some seed?

The type I seem to have here is more like a rustica, maybe Mohawk or Aztec which are reputedly very high in nicotine, not what I want at all! Still, I enjoy the grow and keep on learning.

Samsun Yellow flower.jpg

ChinaVoodoo

I can't comment on the flavour or nicotine, as I've never smoked rustica; however, nicotine content can be reduced by having low nitrogen and dry soil for the period before you harvest. It can also be reduced significantly through aging and kilning.

Status
Not open for further replies.