Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubb Sicc

Hello all! New to this so I am not sure what to ask for? Current cigarette brand is Newport 100s (menthol). Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the FTT forum, Dubb Sicc.
I'm not a cigarette person, but most blends start with flue-cured mixed with burley, to which may be added a minor component of a Oriental. Seeds for many varieties of each of these are available here. Newport is heavily flavored with menthol, which can be obtained from beekeeping supply companies online. You may find that, with the high quality of your homegrown tobacco, you may not need the menthol to mask the natural flavor.

Where are you located? That will make a difference in the answers provided by other members. If you click on My Profile, at the upper right, you can then enter your location (as specific as you wish) to your profile, and it will appear in each of your posts. How many plants are you thinking of growing?

Bob

Dubb Sicc

I am in Michigan, and am currently still undecided on plant count. I am quite ignorant on the subject, and honestly have no idea how large a plot would be required to replace any let alone all of my current "store boughts". Any help is greatly appreciated!

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
One pound is a about a carton i think. You might consider a cigarette sampler of whole leaf to see what varieties you like personally and then request the free seed knowing what you like. Will save you at least a year of experimentation.

Dubb Sicc

Again excuse my ignorance, but where would I locate this "sampler"? Also, if a pound is a carton, how many plants for a pound? How much area per plant? Thanks in advance for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.