Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

The very best Tobacco Shredder Machine ever ever ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Well I'm impressed with how the table spins around in a circle but not so much with the shredder. Would be nice to see it shred at 200 rpm. Sounds like it has a small gear motor. How many pounds can it shred in an hour? Can you shred for a few hours or does that small motor heat up too much? Some specifics would be nice, like shred size, motor size, lbs/hour of shredded tobacco etc. ... and of course... price.

Daddeluser

The Machine is able to shred 10 kg / Hour. In it works a big 250 Watt Gear Motor. Only the Motor do have a weight from 3 kg. To shred at 200 rpm is no problem. The shred size is 0,8 mm. The cutter rolls have 160 mm. End of next month i can say the price ...

bonehead

i think you need more motor also because it slows down with the little pieces of over dry tobacco you are processing. you should not see so much tobacco dust falling from the shredder. i shred my tobacco with a lot more moisture so i do not have to throw out a lot of dust at the bottom of the container. i am not trying to sound bad but i shred long halve leaves constantly and i think yours would stop cold. the shredder head looks fine. i would try a old washing machine motor (free) with a few pullies and belts to get the speed required. scr voltage controllers are good for heating elements in home brewing (cheap way out have to be monitered) and for stills they are excellent. motors not so much. use gear or belt reduction to increase the low end power. let the motor spin at what rpm it was made for.

Brown Thumb

Nice looking build.
Too dry tho.
I would like to see some med case half leaf run thru her.
Is that Lucas's small head?

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
It is a "Trezo" head. I too, think that the motor is way too small . I use a 1 Hp and would not want to go much lower. 250W is pretty small. I think for someone that occasionally processes small batches of tobacco it would be OK. For the vast majority of us I do not think it would work very well.

Would be nice to see how much just the head costs.

Bex

I would agree that the tobacco is really way too dry. The shredder itself (without the feeding tray) seems to be pretty similar to Lucas'. And the motor was bogging now and again at 200 rpm....It looked a bit better in the last video shredding the Virginia....but I think that the noise would get to me after a while.....watch those fingers!! :)

Brown Thumb

That looks better. Still a little slow for me tho.
I like work up a sweat stuffing my shredder full of Baccy.

Status
Not open for further replies.