Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Cigarette tubes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrea

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and I hope I'm posting this right.
I'm going to try buying whole leaf Tobacco and shred it to try something new for my husband and by doing this take better care of him in the process. I was wondering about cigarette tubs and trying to get the best ones out there that aren't full of chemicals that we are trying to avoid. I have started to question the tubs I buy to use with my rolling machine. I'm just not sure that they are the best thing to use anymore. Do tubes really have a lot of chemicals in them or is it mainly in the tobacco?
Thank you for any helpful info you can give me.

andrea

ArizonaDave

I can't answer about the tubes, because I'm a cigar guy, but commercial tobacco is loaded with chemicals in several ways. Pesticide, chemical additives and chemical flavoring, along with potassium nitrate to regulate the burn. Buying from Whole Leaf Tobacco has NONE of these. It seems to me that paper is paper. The cigarette "spray" that WLT has, is either sugar based or citric acid based, for extra smoothness. You'd have to ask the other guys on here once they are on the site, but I hope this helps!

DGBAMA

Tubes are tubes. People develop a preference for various reasons. If chemicals is primary concern, some brands specify non-chlorine bleaching process.

chuditch

recommend the Vera Cruze tubes. They are the best we have found so far and particularly like the black ones. And we can taste the difference with the different tubes by that company and from other companies so their black ones , Midnight, are in our opinion the best around

ChinaVoodoo

recommend the Vera Cruze tubes. They are the best we have found so far and particularly like the black ones. And we can taste the difference with the different tubes by that company and from other companies so their black ones , Midnight, are in our opinion the best around

I don't smoke cigarettes but I got some of the brown Vera Cruz tubes so I could showcase my homegrown tobacco to friends. I took some cigarettes to our social circle's annual harvest potluck for dessert. Multiple people told me it was the best cigarette they ever smoked.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
I'd suggest experimenting with different tubes...me personally I don't mind which brand I use...

Brown Thumb

I Smoke menthol, Damm if I can taste the tube.
i think the tube is the least of you worries.:confused:

Alpine

I don't know if they make tubes, but Mascotte brand papers are thin and with low grammage per square meter even though they are type "B". I roll my fags by hand, mascottes are almost tasteless and burn well. I put a Gizeh XL filter in my cigs, and Gizeh for sure makes tubes at a very reasonable price (i used their papers before mascotte's).Said that, paper is my least concern, smoking is harmful anyway... Smoking tobacco with no chemicals is more natural, but not less dangerous! If you are concerned about taste instead, the only thing you can do is try different brands until you'll find what you prefer, compromising between price, availability, taste, ease of filling, burning rate, lenght and so on...
Type A papers are thinner (i.e. Less weight per sq/) but actually more dangerous for your health, 'cause you have to puff more frequently to keep the cig burning so weight is a minor factor. Unbleached paper is only darker in colour, no bleaching agent remainder in the paper once it is dried. The glue used is another aspect about tubes, in RYO papers only arabic gum or dextrine is used (no bad taste on your tongue... Nothing to do with health!) while tubes can be glued with less natural substances.
hope this helps at least a little!
Pier

Andrea

Thank you guys for your advice and experience.
Hopefully I can make up a good smoke to enjoy.

andrea

Andrea

Yes I have. I found a manual shredder out of the UK that looks pretty good. I prefer that as apposed to electric that seems to never work for long, or maybe it's just the operator that breaks it quickly.

burge

I think those shredders break after limited use and the Powermatic shredder is the way to go. I use export A tubes \I do know if you choose one of these shredders the blade dull need to be cleaned all the time. I broke down and bought the powematic and only shred about a pound a time and do not let it run continuously I think that will extend the life of the shredder

Gmac

I have been using Just Good Tobacco tubes (http://yhst-140088619863136.stores.yahoo.net/just-good-tubes-full-flavor.html) for years $2.00 'US' a carton. I order a Box of 50 for $100 US dollars, no tax, free shipping. Best I've used all these years.
Here's a super 'TIP'!! 1. Have tobacco moisture at 14%(best for all injectors)
When you place the tube on the spoon rotate it with your thumb & forefinger til the seam on the tube is facing up. Haven't messed up a tube in 50 cartons with these guidelines.
Hope this helps! Gmac

Last edited:

ArizonaDave

I have been using Just Good Tobacco tubes (http://yhst-140088619863136.stores.yahoo.net/just-good-tubes-full-flavor.html) for years $2.00 'US' a carton. I order a Box of 50 for $100 US dollars, no tax, free shipping. Best I've used all these years.
Here's a super 'TIP'!! 1. Have tobacco moisture at 14%(best for all injectors)
When you place the tube on the spoon rotate it with your thumb & forefinger til the seam on the tube is facing up. Haven't messed up a tube in 50 cartons with these guidelines.
Hope this helps! Gmac

Huh, that's a better price......

This is where I was looking:
http://www.finckcigarcompany.com/products/group/category/cigarette_tubes

ArizonaDave

Status
Not open for further replies.