Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Quick question for cigarette smokers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
No reason not too, that's why you can still find cartons of "little" cigars (with filters that look identical to cigarettes) in all your favorite types for 12 bucks. You'd probably want real thin volado wrappers though.

Matty

Yes, but the flue cured leaf makes them burn poorly. I've done a few flue cured wrappers and they burn with a black ash and often go out. Air cured binder and wrapper would work better. When I have played with this I was using shredded tobacco, I don't know if flue cured long filler would work, at least not in cigarette blend proportions. I've put 1-2 lengths of long filler flue cured in with cigar tobaccos to roll average size cigars and have enjoyed those, tastes kinda like pipe smoke.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
People roll pot in a cigar wrapper..so I don't see why bacca can't be rolled the same way

ChinaVoodoo

I roll cheroots with all of my tobacco, and Don's tobacco just to get a feel for it before I smoke it in a pipe. I'm certain that you get a more true idea of what the tobacco tastes like that way. Don's bright flue cured is difficult to roll with, but a puro cheroot of it is incredible and worth trying. It's way better tasting than in a cigarette. I want one right now.

It's not very classy, but when I'm at work, I'll roll a quick one and run a narrow strip of masking tape around the mouth end to keep it together.

Thinner leaf is easier. Here's a photo of a cheroot. I forget whether it's Japan 8 or One Sucker.
IMG_20151119_002509.jpg

I use whole leaf like a cigar, not shred like a cigarette. The procedure is the same as rolling a cigar: filler, binder, wrapper.

ArizonaDave

I roll cheroots with all of my tobacco, and Don's tobacco just to get a feel for it before I smoke it in a pipe. I'm certain that you get a more true idea of what the tobacco tastes like that way. Don's bright flue cured is difficult to roll with, but a puro cheroot of it is incredible and worth trying. It's way better tasting than in a cigarette. I want one right now.

It's not very classy, but when I'm at work, I'll roll a quick one and run a narrow strip of masking tape around the mouth end to keep it together.

Thinner leaf is easier. Here's a photo of a cheroot. I forget whether it's Japan 8 or One Sucker.
View attachment 17428

I use whole leaf like a cigar, not shred like a cigarette. The procedure is the same as rolling a cigar: filler, binder, wrapper.
Looks like it's probably Japan 8. Loads of info, I'm going to give it a go! Thanks everyone for all the helpful info!

DGBAMA

I've been real interested in WLT's Flue cured Red leaf. Looks like a good leaf. Not real sure what to wrap it with though?

Don's Maryland is fairly thin and mild flavored, probably make a good wrapper for the Red FC. I tried wrapping a couple cigars with the lemon flue cure, but as already said, too thick for good burn.

ArizonaDave

I'm guessing you can wrap it with itself

Don's Maryland is fairly thin and mild flavored, probably make a good wrapper for the Red FC. I tried wrapping a couple cigars with the lemon flue cure, but as already said, too thick for good burn.

Wrap it in some burley, throw a little turkish in the filler for a better burn.

Wow! Some great suggestions! I'll try all 3 ways :)

Matty

Hey, knock yourself out. If you're really fidgety you could try a turkish wrapper. If you don't have yer own the prilep has some rare size leaves to use. Rare size.

wrapper

View attachment 17428

This I like!! I am crazy for smaller tasty smokes that ante up as a rustic cigar but fall somewhere between a cig and a cigar. Lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.