Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Homegrown/WLT Pipe Tobacco You Smoked Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChinaVoodoo

But, Lviv is in the extreme West of Ukraine, so now that it's not a part of the Soviet Union, we can use Ukrainian. :giggle:

Edit: I thought you were talking to Polygon. My bad.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
All my life, I've been deeply annoyed by orthographies that were hen scratch to me. If I needed to read a road sign, or the huge name sign on a storefront, I thought it would be worthwhile to have some sense of how to at least pronounce it. Non-phonetic orthographies, like Mandarin and many other East Asian languages, are way beyond my reach.

So I can bumble through text in a bunch of different orthographies, but not necessarily understand any of it. Some orthographies that I've learned, like Arabic, have just seeped away with time, to the point that I recall the pronunciation of only a handful of letters. I have the highest praise for Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, who forced modern Turkey to change its Turkish orthography to a Roman orthography a century ago. Yet there are phonemes in Turkish that simply do not exist in any romance language. So you still get mysterious diacritical marks above and below some of the letters.

I've actually studied the vocabulary and syntax of a few languages. You would be surprised at some of the things I say to my tobacco plants privately.

All that plus $2.75 will get you a cup of coffee.

Bob

Levi Gross

All my life, I've been deeply annoyed by orthographies that were hen scratch to me. If I needed to read a road sign, or the huge name sign on a storefront, I thought it would be worthwhile to have some sense of how to at least pronounce it. Non-phonetic orthographies, like Mandarin and many other East Asian languages, are way beyond my reach.

So I can bumble through text in a bunch of different orthographies, but not necessarily understand any of it. Some orthographies that I've learned, like Arabic, have just seeped away with time, to the point that I recall the pronunciation of only a handful of letters. I have the highest praise for Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, who forced modern Turkey to change its Turkish orthography to a Roman orthography a century ago. Yet there are phonemes in Turkish that simply do not exist in any romance language. So you still get mysterious diacritical marks above and below some of the letters.

I've actually studied the vocabulary and syntax of a few languages. You would be surprised at some of the things I say to my tobacco plants privately.

All that plus $2.75 will get you a cup of coffee.

Bob
I would imagine that your plants love that! They love to be talked to and they really like music. At least from what I have read. I’m not sure my plants have ever benefited from my gibberish :geek::geek:

ChinaVoodoo

There is an incredible difference between Samporis rajangan cured and Samporis sun cured as whole leaf in the snow. Rajangan cured is sweet and acidic and requires perique (which makes it awesome). Snow-sun cured is pretty much just air cured. Like a cross between your favorite air cured bright tobacco, and Japan 8.

Youn

Pure homemade smoke today, homegrown pipe tobacco in an homemade tobacco pipe :

The blend was made of 35% Ohio Dutch Ligero, 35% mixed scraps of volado from the four strains I grown in 2017 (Ohio Dutch, Madole, Vuelta Abajo, Goose Creek Red), 30% toasted Madole Seco.
The OD ligero is quite strong, the mixed scraps are mild and the toasted Madole is very smooth (honestly, this one comes from a failure… I attempted to toast it as I used to toast Maryland (WLT) but it ended almost burned, I assume it's due to his low absorbtion capacity of the casing I used for toasting (cocoa and liquorice root based) compared to the Maryland (?)… however, the unexpected result is not bad and come up to a sort of Cavendish! It develop dry fruits notes, grape, or even crystallized fruits, and on top, a coffee-toffee-bakery scent).

Attachments

• homemade_homegrown1.jpg
    homemade_homegrown1.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 26
  • homemade_homegrown2.jpg
    homemade_homegrown2.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 26
Status
Not open for further replies.