Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Homegrown/WLT Pipe Tobacco You Smoked Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobGuy

Tazewell County.

You've got to be kidding! Pekin? Tremont? I went to PCHS from 1984 to 1988!

Definitely have to get together for a smoke next time I come back to visit the folks! :)

Chris A

Yesterday smoked 2 bowls of Delux's modified Jewell of Macedonia. Japan 8 for the oriental, Virginia Bright Cavendish, again cheated and used blending Perique and Latakia from Pipes and Cigars. Just can't justify buying a pound of these yet. This was my first try at an English blend. Pouch smelled milder than the British Medium from Iwan Reis that I have yet to try. Less Latakia.

This smoked well. Good smoky taste. Room note was nice. Was expecting it would be bad for some reason. Several relights as the blending stuff was a little moist. This style I need to experiment more with. I think I would like more Latakia. Perhaps because I normally smoke cigars?

CobGuy

LOL ... yeah, that's embarrassing!

There's a reason that I tell most people I'm from Peoria. :rolleyes:

Matty

Pipe coins! Had this tied up for 2 weeks. Bigbonner aged burley, Bigbonner perique, WLT bright leaf and WLT prilep. Smokes great, good balance, rich tobacco taste.

Attachments

• 2016-01-16 17.02.07.jpg
    2016-01-16 17.02.07.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 2016-01-22 13.31.48.jpg
    2016-01-22 13.31.48.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 2016-01-22 13.32.37.jpg
    2016-01-22 13.32.37.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 13

jaysalti

Pipe coins! Had this tied up for 2 weeks. Bigbonner aged burley, Bigbonner perique, WLT bright leaf and WLT prilep. Smokes great, good balance, rich tobacco taste.

Those look fantastic! Glad to see this now, bc I was planning something very similar using hemp rope, but wasn't sure how long to leave it wrapped up. Great job!

jojjas

That's an interesting machine. Can you post more pics of it?
+1 Great job there
Real interesting device , more pics so i can copy what youy have;)
Mikael

Matty

The string I used is some kind of polyester blend, very strong, very tight winding. I'll post about the cutter in the shredder forum.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Yeah I think I can make that cutter with some angle iron and other scraps, would really like to see some more pics!

Matty

That's pretty much what I did. Took me 2 1/2 hours one day after work. Shredded a leather welding glove with it to celebrate it's completion lol!

ChinaVoodoo

I'm smoking Kumanovo, a Hungarian tobacco, which just came out of the kiln yesterday. I am pleasantly surprised. It keeps reminding me of flavours and moments I can't recall. Maybe clove, maybe sandalwood.

CobGuy

Many thanks to Randy (Jitterbugdude) for sending me some samples of Turkish tobacco!

Today, I smoked straight Samsun and a couple others ... good stuff!! :)

Also, there was a sample of Hickory Pryor that had been Cavendished and was wonderful.

jojjas

A mix of virginia´s ( red, lemon , and stoved ) and 8% perique
20160207_140531.jpg
After 1 month of press ( 14 day´s hot press 108°-118° F and 14 day´s press in room temprature ) sliced and topflavoring
20160207_140255.jpg
A few drops sprayed at the flakes with Ardbeg Uigeadail cask strenght :) , today it was time for testing , wonderful , both tobacco and whisky:D

DonH

A mix of virginia´s ( red, lemon , and stoved ) and 8% perique
View attachment 17592
After 1 month of press ( 14 day´s hot press 108°-118° F and 14 day´s press in room temprature ) sliced and topflavoring
View attachment 17593
A few drops sprayed at the flakes with Ardbeg Uigeadail cask strenght :) , today it was time for testing , wonderful , both tobacco and whisky:D
MMmm... Ardbeg. I'll have to try that. I have a bottle of Ardbeg Corryvrekkan I got as a gift.

CobGuy

Oh man ... those flakes look tasty and Ardbeg is divine! :p

I'm smoking some Turkish tobacco called Kavala in an MM Eaton ... herbal, woodsy and fragrant with notes of tea and spice.

jojjas

MMmm... Ardbeg. I'll have to try that. I have a bottle of Ardbeg Corryvrekkan I got as a gift.

Oh man ... those flakes look tasty and Ardbeg is divine! :p

I'm smoking some Turkish tobacco called Kavala in an MM Eaton ... herbal, woodsy and fragrant with notes of tea and spice.

Jojjas, pipe tobacco or cigar... you're a master !... congretulations....

You write stoved, it is a cooking?
Thank you boy´s:eek: , you make me blush
Gavroche , this is what i am doing with the tobacco http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/3903-Toasted-or-cavendish

Status
Not open for further replies.