Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Home made casing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabman

Hi all,

I decided to try to make my own casing (low on funds) so what I did was mix about* 1/2 cup distilled water with 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 corn syrup, bring to boil for about* a minute then add about* 1/4 tea spoon of vegetable glycerin bring to a boil for about* another minute then took it off the heat and added about* an 1/8 tea spoon of butter rum flattering ( I used a product from a cake decorating company I found at Walmart, it comes in .125 OZ bottles). mixed that with another 1/4 cup of distilled water in a spray bottle and sprayed my shredded tobacco, put it in a jar for a bout a day then mixed it and let it sit for a day or two. I sprayed on a mix of about 60% Virginia red and 40% All natural Burly.
It mellowed out the cigs just enough to get rid of the the harshness I was getting but still kept most of the flavor of the leafs and still tasted like sa full flavor smoke.

I am wondering if anyone has tried a homemade casing.

chuditch

I found putting my tobacco in a fermenter for 6 weeks did the trick and improved it futher by letting it dry to 10% then putting it into an air tight container with a small glass of scotch. Now that was the best I did last season :)

Status
Not open for further replies.