Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

New Grower Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pecci

Hi everyone, I'm in the LA/OC area of So. CA. I don't have a lot of room, and I may try to grow baccy in some larger containers. When is a good time to plant in mild area. It was 36 last night, but the chance of a freeze here now is zilch. Is now, too late? Should I still start indoors?

Thanks guys, I look forward to learning and sharing here.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Welcome to the Forum Pecci. You can answer a lot of your questions by browsing the growing sections of the forum below. I personally use the little search box in the top right and enter one word that best describes my question. A little trial and error will get you right to the heart of what you are seeking.

Beyond that other members are quick to help and some may even be in or close to your locale. So read, ask and above all ENJOY.

John

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum, Pecci.
Tobacco seed germination requires temperatures above 60ºF, preferably about 80ºF, though they seem to germinate fairly well at 70ºF. So start the seed indoors.

I appreciate your indicating your locale in your post. Since your geographic location is really helpful in answering your questions, you might take the time to click on My Profile, in the upper right of the page, and enter your location into your profile. Then it will appear in each of your posts.

Bob

Pecci

Thank you for all the nice replies. Sorry about all the Q's in my first post. It was late & I was a little excited. I'll definatley start the searching, for preparation.

Tman

Welcome aboard Pecci. There's no better time to start growing baccy then now. You have come to the right place to learn the art of growing baccy.

Status
Not open for further replies.