Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

In the shadow...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavroche

by convertworld

To have leaves without veins or ribs, low, grown in sheets , the fabrics, therefore in the shadow .Have you already planted in a glade, a woodland, a shaded space and what are the results.My land makes a hectare, half grass and half forest. much grass is in the shade part of the day because of trees so I have to make a choice.

by reverso
To have sheets(leaves) without nervures or in low(weak) nervures, we cultivate under sheets, materials thus in the shade.

You have already crashed in a clearing, an undergrowth, a shaded space and which are the results(profits).

My ground is one hectare, half grass and half forest. Many grass is in the shade part of the day because of trees thus I have to make choice.French origine

Pour avoir des feuilles sans nervures ou à nervures faibles, on cultive sous des draps , des étoffes donc à l'ombre .

Avez-vous déjà planté dans une clairière, un sous-bois, un espace ombragé et quel sont les résultats.

Mon terrain fait un hectare, moitié herbe et moitié forêt. beaucoup d'herbe est à l'ombre unepartie de la journée à cause des arbres donc je dois faire des choix.

squeezyjohn

You are asking if anyone has grown shade-leaf cigar wrappers by planting the tobacco in an are naturally shaded by trees or hedges and what kind of results they have had?

I haven't done so although I have planted a patch accidentally which was shaded out for large parts of the day during the summer and the result was not what I expected. My plants were smaller and less healthy, but the leaves were just as thick as the ones in full sunlight. I think maybe the variety is important here too. Commercial growers get this result by hanging sheets over the crop to reduce the sunlight.

Je n'ai pas fait ce-que vous écrivez, mais j'ai planté quelques plantes de tabac sous l'ombre des arbres par accident et le résultat n'était pas ce que je m'y attendait. Les plantes étaient plus petit et en moins bonnes santé que les autres qui étaient plante en plein soleil. Je pense que l'espece de tabac fait une difference importante pour ça. Les producteurs commerciaux utilisent les couvertures suspendu au-dessus les champs pour obtenir le tabac à l'ombre.

Gavroche

You are asking if anyone has grown shade-leaf cigar wrappers by planting the tobacco in an are naturally shaded by trees or hedges and what kind of results they have had?

Yes it's my question. and thank you for your a
nswer

Ben Brand

I've planted tobacco under trees about 100% shade, they was half the size of the others but still had veins. The leaves were very thin and delicate. Nice wrappers. Yield were poor.

wrapper

This is my first year growing tobacco but there are some relevant experiments on the go here: I have some Maryland 609 and some CN Broadleaf from the same sowing date growing both in the open and in full shade, just to see. The plants in full sun seem to be more advanced, more vigorous, leaves very upright, more leaves, close internodes and super healthy. The plants in full shade have much softer leaves, fewer leaves, wide node spacing and appear to be a few weeks behind the full sun plants. There seems to be little difference in the veins. They have not been harvested yet, so no yield details for now.

Gavroche

Thank you Jitterbugdude, with the translator my searches(researches) on the forum are very difficult

Thank you for your indulgence and your patience

I notice that I cannot exploit(run) my forest or then with small results(profits)

Status
Not open for further replies.