Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

found damage,tiny grubs in leaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokin Harley

Sat down yesterday to roll a few sticks . Had my bags of leaf laid out and noticed the Dominican Binder looked funny. Closer inspection revealed a shot-holed appearance of the leaf and even further look found tiny grub like creatures congregating at the lower portion of the leaf. I pulled the leaf apart and tossed the infested leaf in the trash box.
Should I toss the rest of it or put whats left of it in the garage (its -6*F this morning with an expected high of 10*F) for a while?

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
No reason to throw anything away. All my tobacco is fumigated twice, inspected and only if it's clean, it gets a phytosanitary. It then goes to Miami where anything can happen to it. If your garage gets as cold as it is outside, put the leaf in the garage. Otherwise, put everything in a box and put it on the shady side of your house for a couple days.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Thanks for letting me know. As of right now, all my cigar tobacco is outside. It's supposed to get close to zero tonight with a high of 14 tomorrow. That will take care of those little buggers.

rainmax

Founding Member
I Have the same experience with Dominican binder.
I find holes from one side to another. I didn't find any lasioderma yet but I put it in another zip lock, squeeze all air out and let it in freezer for four days on -20 Celsius(-4F).
This days I will open the package and see if I found one. I want to make picture of it.

Raodwarior

I have found all kinds of them over time, never bothered to take a picture cause I know what the little SOB's look like but will for all next time. They are just the nature of our hobby, but never throw tobacco out for that, shake it off kill the things and keep rolling away. Had some in wrapper leaf a while back I either cut the leaf different or just smoked them myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.