Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Request from seedbank

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojjas

New year , new effort´s
I was planing to grow that Swarr Hibbsman amoung other variety this year , but i cant found that variety anywhere but this place
When will seedbank be open for request´s
Mikael

bonehead

Swarr is a consistently high yielding cigar filler/wrapper from Pennsylvania with rather wide leaves its resistance to black rot is high so making it a good candidate for moist ground conditions, swarr is known as a Seedleaf variety and is excellent as a cigar filler or medium cigarette blending strain. is this what you are looking for? if it is it is available at http://www.uktobaccoseeds.co.uk/buy-tobacco-seed.html i never ordered from them so i don't know about them.

rainmax

Founding Member
Jojjas, I have Swarr from knucklehead. PI 552405 Swarr (filler) if that is what you are looking?
I can send it to you.
It is Pity that we grow tobacco and seeds and in the end we need to buy instead of swapping them.
I ordered and pay for seeds only once in my tobacco history and I have bad experience.

madhouse

jojjas i have seen your email buddy and as rainmax said its pity to buy when its a fellow collector/ grower pm me mate and i will get them in the post asap free for you : )

feesbranch

I am looking for Lockwood seeds, its a burley tobacco. we used to grow in in Western WV>

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
I normally buy all my seeds...each year..and plant some varieties that have been shared..and sent to me...I don't know what happened to my trying to save seed this year...I bagged them...but got nothing..

But I'm not mad...for $35 I'll have all my varieties and help keep those that sell seed in business..

I'll be making my order Friday..and as soon as I get them. I'm starting them..I got some deep cell seed trays for this year. Can't wait to see how they perform.

Gavroche

hello Chicken,I don't understand, your flowers have not produced seeds ?Has what do you attribute the cause ? bag too dense, Lack of light ? attack of predators ?

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
I am looking for Lockwood seeds, its a burley tobacco. we used to grow in in Western WV>
Sorry to say that it doesn't look good for you.. Ars-grin have 2 number (PI:148269 and PI:146292) but both are marked: "Historical record only. Please do not request this accession" I have never seen anyone how have it or have been growing it..

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
hello Chicken,I don't understand, your flowers have not produced seeds ?Has what do you attribute the cause ? bag too dense, Lack of light ? attack of predators ?

im not sure what got them... some kind of bug... the pods had little holes in them. and i used paint straining bags. and it was tied tight at the base.??? the pods may have been infected with larve before i bagged them... in the past ive done real good at bagging the pods,

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Ben, As far as I know the Seed Bank is defunct. Put a request out for the seeds you need and maybe someone will respond.

Mwhitson625

Hi I'm new from northern Illinois. I am very interested in growing tobacco. I was wondering if anyone has any extra seeds in your collections that you would be willing to donate to a new learning grower.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Hi I'm new from northern Illinois. I am very interested in growing tobacco. I was wondering if anyone has any extra seeds in your collections that you would be willing to donate to a new learning grower.

Please tell us what you later would like to do with the tobacco. Alot of us have tobacco seed left, but I hope you understand that we don't want to stand in the way for people that try to sell seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.