Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

lockwood burley seed

Status
Not open for further replies.

feesbranch

I am looking to purchase some lockwood burley seed, We grew it up until the 1980s in WV but our seed ran out, If anyone has any to sell or has a lead on where to find it, I would greatly appreciate it.

ArizonaDave

I am looking to purchase some lockwood burley seed, We grew it up until the 1980s in WV but our seed ran out, If anyone has any to sell or has a lead on where to find it, I would greatly appreciate it.

Your best bet, might be to look it up on the GRIN database, and also the FTT database here to figure out "who" might have the seed.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I did some reading on on it, looks like a local landrace. Might have luck calling tobacco farmers in the region.

BigBonner

Founding Member
What company produced lockwood burley seed ?

Is Lockwood the company name , if so then there was probably several varieties of lockwood tobacco seeds.

feesbranch

it was a variety that was used in eastern KY and western WV. West Virginia university did research on his production along with other burley types in the early 1900s. As for the seed, we used to even sell the seed to folks in the 1970s/80s but ours ran out and now I would like to start it again on our farm . It seems finding the seeds is going to be a challenge .

feesbranch

thank you. I am not sure what the GRIN data base is or how to contact it, Any assistance appreciated.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
I just ordered all my 2016 seeds..and if I recall..I seen that name in one of the seed companies selection..which company I don't know...you'll have to Google tobacco seeds...and look at all the companies...

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
I think I have found some seed in a seed bank in Germany. I have done a request for some seed.So I hope that I can get them out..

Status
Not open for further replies.