Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Freaking SNOW!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmaxB

All winter so far we had nothing, THEN OVER NIGHT 3 1/2 FEET!!!! I shovel a path to the truck with plow and my path fills in behind me. Yep it is coming down and I start clearing my start area for our parking. Here is where your going to get a laugh :) Bout the forth push I left my plow in the snow bank -Oh Man. Every year I check and recheck to be sure the pins that hold the plow on to the horns are in the holes. This year I screwed up pins were in front of the horns -not in the holes in the horns. How do you do that? A kick your self moment for sure! Well I'll be going back out soon to get the plow back on the truck. I am sure it will be a super fun time. WHAT A BITCH! :cool:

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Here in Maryland we are not getting a Blizzard. None of the conditions have been met yet all the media stations are constantly reporting on the Blizzard of 2016... bunch of morons!

Matty

I hear all kinds of stuff like "6 states declaring a state of emergency" "life or death situations" "expecting 60" of snow". All I can think is "send it up here! We can trade". Sunny and cold today, no wind, going down to -14f tonight. I'm about 20 mins. from the border and when I check the weather forecast, nothing but sun and cold till Tuesday when it's supposed to get above freezing. Myself, I'd rather the snow than the cold. Sit inside with a few drinks and watch it fall.

AmaxB

Well I got lucky with the plow it's on now. Snow is waist deep and the whole front of my building it's about 2 feet from the roof due to drifting guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow. Jitterbug I can't believe your not getting this in MD. I'm Martinsburg WV. area and we are getting hammered. Well coffee break is over back to plowing don't know were I'm going to put it.. Sun glasses on, Margaretta on the console, and truck's warm :cool:

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I use disposable vehicles here, too much salt to get attached to one. Going to try coating the underside of my current one with bar and chain oil to see if it won't extend it's life though.

bonehead

ct. didn't get a storm to talk about but there is snow to clean up. i had a hard time opening up the screen door to let my dog out to do her business.

AmaxB

ct. didn't get a storm to talk about but there is snow to clean up. i had a hard time opening up the screen door to let my dog out to do her business.

That's funny! Mine didn't want to brave it at all I had to chase them out. They did their business near the door and the one dog got a real taste off her 1st winter.

webmost

Tough to measure, cause wind made drifts. Plus the stuff was real fluffy, and then that fluff settled overnight. But this morning, I'm measuring 20" and 24" in the open.

Neighbor across the street blew eight hundred clams on a new snow blower Friday. Last one left on the floor at Sears. Today, he's all boys and their toys with it. Plus I am his favorite source for cigars. Dug out from our front door to our sidewalk to the place where the mailman reaches our mailbox to even making a path where the oil delivery guy can reach our side gate. Sometimes I can't believe how lucky I can get, in lotsa little ways.

AmaxB

Now that's GOOD people! I'm clearing a big drift at our front entrance thing is head high. Thank You Lord for the coffee break...

Matty

I remember a few years back, we had a big dump of snow. I still went to work, 5mins away. Did a full shift and went home. Only way I did that was because I had a jacked dakota sport 4x4, with the v8. I miss that truck so much. Drove everywhere that day, no plowed roads. It was more like piloting a tugboat lol, but that truck went everywhere like a champ. Snow up to the bumpers. We had over 40" of snow over night that time. Ah, memories :D

Status
Not open for further replies.