Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

What did you smoke today? (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
That's what I like about dip. I always have it with me, even in places with the "No Tobacco" signs. Granted, cigars, pipes and cigarettes have their place but you can't beat dip for availability. It's available 24/7 .

Smokin Harley

Just got back from a 2000 mile motorcycle trip out to Colorado - first was a concert out at the famed Red Rocks Amphitheater to see/hear- Government Mule, with Moe and Blackberry Smoke. Aside from the sickening smell of weed everywhere (wife and I actually felt sick to our stomachs during the 5 hour show) the show was outstanding . a Bucket-list item off the books for sure. My wifes brother and his girlfriend flew out there to meet us for the show and a little downtown Denver shopping . We happened to find within walking distance in downtown Denver - Capitol Cigar shop and Cigar bar. The walk in huimidor was cock full of well aged and bloomed prime rolled smoke . I was overwhelmed by the variety of choice .I went for something I hadn't seen before or something I could never buy singly in a typical catalog style order. First up was a "Leaf - by Oscar" interesting packaging the cigar was a Maduro but also wrapped in a full leaf,which I saved . I bought a corojo too and can't wait to smoke that. I'll have to take a picture of the leaf wrapped cigar. Paired the Maduro with a Glennfiddich 18 y/o single malt scotch. Very nice. The next day, was a "Antano -by Hoyo de Nicaragua ,paired with a simple red stripe jamaican style beer. I bought a few others which I will post later. The other part of the trip was a fly fishing float trip down the Colorado River fishing for trout. Caught a couplke beautiful brown trout , a Cut-Bow which is a hybrid between a Cut throat and a Rainbow trout. Also had a very nice , large rainbow on the line while wading but he threw the fly about 3 feet from being netted. Trophy fish our guide (a fellow cigar smoker!!) told me.

metalbone

i had a leaf by oscar in maduro a month ago...didn't have any redeeming qualities. i may have got a dud, but will be walking past these things nonetheless.

About the cutbow, did it fight like a cut (deeper water) or more like a rainbow closer to the surface?

Gonna have a short filler scrap cigar tonight in maduro.

Smokin Harley

I would have to say it fought more like a rainbow. We were in wading depth water though fishing terrestrial wet flies. The "hot" fly was what was called Purple Poison- a bead head with lavender colored hackles on I think a #22 hook. it was tiny. the entire fly was no more than 1/4 inch long. beautiful fish . It had deeper richer colors than a typical rainbow .The usually pink sides were more like a crimson or brick red. with an orange bottom jaw. We were in the midst of taking a quick picture . I had it down by the water and the guide said bring it up by my face , as I bent my arms towards me face , the fish gave a sudden wiggle and right out of my hands into the quick water. So all he got was the top of my head.
I got to watch my wife really enjoy fly fishing...unfortunately she didn't catch anything ,but she did tell me many times she would like to do it again.

metalbone

very cool. #22 wet is extremely small... One thing nice about cuts is that they look a bit prehistoric...especially if they have a hook jaw. What wt. rod were you using..5?

Smoked another short filler today (primarily DR scraps, but some Nic scraps), with a CT wrapper. Not bad but could use a bit more rest.

Smokin Harley

very cool. #22 wet is extremely small... One thing nice about cuts is that they look a bit prehistoric...especially if they have a hook jaw. What wt. rod were you using..5?

Smoked another short filler today (primarily DR scraps, but some Nic scraps), with a CT wrapper. Not bad but could use a bit more rest.
Yes , I believe it was a 5 weight rod.

Status
Not open for further replies.