Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

What did you smoke today? (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArizonaDave

With over 400 posts on the original thread, it's time to start a new thread; one for each Calendar year.

Share, enjoy, and swap blends with each other!

ArizonaDave

I roll a lot of coronas and lonsdales for test blends. The humidor pictured is mostly for these test blends, where they rest in Cedar. I tried 3 blends this afternoon, with mixed results.

The first was Ecuador maduro double wrap, with Criollo viso and Piloto Cubano Liguero. Nice smoke, 3 ½ stars, but could probably use Dominican Viso to even it out.
The Second blend was similar: Double Maduro, Criollo Viso, Dominican Seco and Paraguay Flojo viso. Nice, but could have used Criollo Liguero.
The Third was almost Padron-esque: A double Habano 2000 Wrap with Nic. Habano Viso. Loads of nice white smoke, woody and peppery. I would have liked some Seco and Nic. Habano Liguero. Easy blend to roll.
That's it for today......off to roll some more!

unnamed.jpg

ArizonaDave

Going back to double Maduro wrappers today. Ecuador Maduro, Criollo Liguero and Viso, with a little Piloto Cubano seco. Nice flavor, it hit the spot.

CobGuy

That sounds really tasty! :p

I enjoyed a short smoke at dinner that was also Ecuador Maduro but with Dominican Seco, Paraguay Flojo Viso and Nicaragua Ligero

Smokin Harley

Going back to double Maduro wrappers today. Ecuador Maduro, Criollo Liguero and Viso, with a little Piloto Cubano seco. Nice flavor, it hit the spot.

Sounds like something I'd roll too. In fact I think I may have . Swap out one of those criollo's for a dash of San Vicente to that blend and add a 1/2 leaf of Nicaraguan. Makes it a little more cocoa'ey and creamy tasting.

CobGuy

Flojo Viso should have smoked well with that blend. Is that one of the kits?

It is ... the Azucarodo Oscuro II kit. That Flojo Viso was quite fragrant and full of flavor.

5 small rainbow trout...apple and cherry wood chips .

LOL! I did a 10 pound pork butt on Monday ... the trout sounds great! :p

ArizonaDave

It is ... the Azucarodo Oscuro II kit. That Flojo Viso was quite fragrant and full of flavor.

LOL! I did a 10 pound pork butt on Monday ... the trout sounds great! :p
Lol, yes, smoked barbecue counts in this thread :) WLT used to sell Paraguay Flojo Viso by the pound, and I really miss that a lot. I just might have to buy a couple kits, even though 1 pound is more economical in the long run.

CobGuy

WLT used to sell Paraguay Flojo Viso by the pound ...

Is it a supply or demand issue? Because I really enjoyed the flavor.

On topic, I just smoked 1/2 of a Kentucky Cheroot ... decent flavor, big kick.

ArizonaDave

Is it a supply or demand issue? Because I really enjoyed the flavor.

I would say probably a demand issue when it was in. A lot of us Cigar guys made a mass exodus from Puff.com a few years ago, and it took a while to catch on. Once it did, it was gone pretty quick. You could probably ask FmGrowit to bring it back. There's a few of us that would love to have that back in stock :)

Smokin Harley

Last night had one of my newest and fewest Ct Shade wrapped beauties...Nicaraguan, Dominican ,San Vicente ...lots of smoke, slight sweet taste and delicious. The ash tip was a perfect cone too. MUST make more of these and play around with swapping wrappers.

LewZephyr

I've not had much time to smoke lately, much less roll. But I got one in last night. Very smooth and enjoyed to the nub.

One of my 10E.2

Piloto seco 1 leaf
Criollo 98 Viso1 leaf
Criollo 98 seco 1 leaf
Sumatra Double Binder
Ecuador Shade Wrapper

ArizonaDave

Last night had one of my newest and fewest Ct Shade wrapped beauties...Nicaraguan, Dominican ,San Vicente ...lots of smoke, slight sweet taste and delicious. The ash tip was a perfect cone too. MUST make more of these and play around with swapping wrappers.

That sounds right down my alley. I might try something similar with the Ecuador Shade....

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I don't smoke during the winter... Normally! But holy crap, today was like 60 degrees, I rolled up a mix of Nicaraguan and criollo, and wrapped it in a piece from Ecuador. First smoke of the year.. On the first of Feb?? What? Yeah it was that epic.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Today was even warmer due to a bright strong sun. T-shirt weather. I rolled an Indonesian wrapper around a Nicaraguan ligero and seco core. It was pure heaven.

Vermont. Feb 2. T-shirt & cigar on the deck catching some sun. This is one for the record.

ArizonaDave

Today was even warmer due to a bright strong sun. T-shirt weather. I rolled an Indonesian wrapper around a Nicaraguan ligero and seco core. It was pure heaven.

Vermont. Feb 2. T-shirt & cigar on the deck catching some sun. This is one for the record.

That sounds good! I was out every day last week when the weather was nice here. This week it's cold and Vermont is warm? LOL, the weather sure is crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.