Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

New UK Law - HMRC licence for businesses and individuals - Tobacco Registration Scheme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Thumb

At what point does bending over become painful? Just reading this makes me angry - petty laws to extort the good public. They once came to me and told me I could not smoke in my store. I told them to stick it - my building - my land - They told me they would fine me I told them see ya in court. I also told them if ya hope to enforce post a guard 24/7 I'll offer him a smoke and light up. Funny I never heard back from them. Gotta stand up for yourself or some slob will piss down your throat.
Dang Straight,
SOBs came into my office and said the same thing.
I told them it only applys to food establishments.
Wrong they said, all public places. My Land and My Shop.
I told them Im a private shop and if a customer don't like my smoke they can just leave.
I get my hair cut by a small shop, one Girl. Her shop was always filled with smoke.
Stopped by for a cut one day a few yrs ago and she was smoking outside.
i asked her what was up with that. They hit her too but she did not stand up for her rights.
I got long hair Amax where did yours go.

AmaxB

Dang Straight,
SOBs came into my office and said the same thing.
I told them it only applys to food establishments.
Wrong they said, all public places. My Land and My Shop.
I told them Im a private shop and if a customer don't like my smoke they can just leave.
I get my hair cut by a small shop, one Girl. Her shop was always filled with smoke.
Stopped by for a cut one day a few yrs ago and she was smoking outside.
i asked her what was up with that. They hit her too but she did not stand up for her rights.
I got long hair Amax where did yours go.

Ha ha well I'm bald! But I do have A few inches on the sides...
No Squeezy your wrong - I quot " Simply saying I'll do what I want, I'll lock myself away in a small community of like-minded people, I'll avoid everyone else and I only want to buy things for myself with my money and everyone else can do the same ... well - to me that sounds like a teenage mentality. I know this way of thinking is very popular in the USA at the moment"
It is not that way at all I think many people here are preparing and quietly watching. The part " I'll lock myself away in a small community of like-minded people" is directed at my retirement plans I think. Here is how I'm looking at it. If I disconnect for the greater part becoming self reliant I remove the leverage enabling controls through food, utilities, and the like. I also create some distance between myself and major social centers, this distance will provide a window of time should things go sour and get out of hand allowing me to think things through. Let me put it this way should there be a economic or social fail on a large scale many thing we depend on could become unavailable the impact on me will be small. That's looking at the worst on the other hand my income will become fixed and if my uncle has his way could become less or even vanish. If I am living a self reliant life again I'll be able to make it and will be living well below my means. So it is more about being prepared than it is about disconnecting to live in a hippy commune on mars. A teenage mentality no I think not, more of a mentality that has weathered years one that understands disaster could occur at any time. The realty of life if getting down to the gritty dirty bottom line there are very few you can depend on other then yourself. Hate to be pissing on your Wheaties but if you leave the milk on the table and it goes sour who's to blame.
This is not politics it's a clash of opinion you believe your uncle will save your bacon if your a good boy and yield in hope of creating a better life for all (so he tells you). I believe my uncle will use my bacon until he no longer has a use for it (his soul belongs to the money and those who provide it). Time for me to let this go....

squeezyjohn

I agree to disagree too ... but for me it is all politics ... just deeper and more personal politics that those we see on TV. Which is probably why it's all the more wrong for me to discuss it here on a very nice tobacco forum. I'll stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.