Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Semois in cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobGuy

It was posted on a pipe forum that Semois makes a nice RYO, straight or blended.
I'm making a blend for a buddy to try so that I can get him off the "Big-Brands" full of chemicals.
Currently, I've got a blend of 60% Red FCV, 30% Lemon FCV and 10% Perique.
Any experience using Semois as your Burley and, if so, how much do you use?

Thanks!

ArizonaDave

It was posted on a pipe forum that Semois makes a nice RYO, straight or blended.
I'm making a blend for a buddy to try so that I can get him off the "Big-Brands" full of chemicals.
Currently, I've got a blend of 60% Red FCV, 30% Lemon FCV and 10% Perique.
Any experience using Semois as your Burley and, if so, how much do you use?

Thanks!

Personally not familiar with that particular burley, and usually roll cigars, but have been interested in pipe. Looks like a good blend there to try :)

Gavroche

The semois, which I smoke every day is a roasted tobacco..
I got back during my journey semois Belgium of sheets(leaves) near the hairdryer outdoors ( hung complete feet) I dipped (he(it) is always dipped before roasting) in a honey sauce of sweet chestnut tree,I roasted in the frying pan. Mister Martin, producer told me that my mixture was pleasant (smoked in a pipe)

ChinaVoodoo

The semois, which I smoke every day is a roasted tobacco..
I got back during my journey semois Belgium of sheets(leaves) near the hairdryer outdoors ( hung complete feet) I dipped (he(it) is always dipped before roasting) in a honey sauce of sweet chestnut tree,I roasted in the frying pan. Mister Martin, producer told me that my mixture was pleasant (smoked in a pipe)

Sounds interesting. Any chance you could photograph the production? peut etre vous photographez la production?

CobGuy

Looks like a good blend there to try :)

I've got a very large jar full of Semois and would be more than happy to send a sample ... PM sent :)

Gavroche ... ce serait génial, Merci beaucoup!

Gavroche

My semois, collected in the hairdryer roasted and perfumed in the honey of sweet chestnut tree

The truth semois just roasted from Joseph Martin...

Cobguy, i understand no... You want to send to me of the semois or you want that I send it to you? In every case, it is with pleasure

For seeds of semois, I would have it fresh(cool) in March, collect(harvest) 2015
Those whom I have already given were of 2014

CobGuy

Gavroche ... thank you very much but I was offering a sample to ArizonaDave since he has not tried Semois.

If you have seeds, however, I would like very much to get some of those ... almost time to start seeds here! :)

ArizonaDave

Gavroche ... thank you very much but I was offering a sample to ArizonaDave since he has not tried Semois.

If you have seeds, however, I would like very much to get some of those ... almost time to start seeds here! :)
I must have overlooked the responses to this thread. I just might take you up on that.

Gavroche

I specify again, all the seeds of semois which I possessed, I have already given them to members here, it are the ones of the harvest 2014.

I would have in my ownership of the seeds of semois that in March (beginning) of the harvest 2015 I can send it at this moment there...

Here in french we sow(scatter) by March 19th (saint Joseph)

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Hey CobGuy, Gavroche was kind enough t send me a very LARGE supply of Semois seed. It might make more sense for me to send you some. PM me if you are interested.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Very nice video! I wish I spoke the language.
Gavroche, Do you know what temperature he roasts his tobacco? How long does he roast?

CobGuy

Hey CobGuy, Gavroche was kind enough t send me a very LARGE supply of Semois seed. It might make more sense for me to send you some. PM me if you are interested.

Thanks JBD! PM sent

fluw

Interesting conversation about Semois tobacco. Are there any Semois seeds available at the moment?

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Interesting conversation about Semois tobacco. Are there any Semois seeds available at the moment?
Fluse if you don't found any closer I can send you some.
When I cultivated it or cured the leaf, I did not cure it (they usually use honey or cocacola) but I drove it naturally (with out roasting it) in snuff and then found a typical burley flavor in the tobacco. mild such but very clear. and I could not distinguish it from, for example, TN86 or TN90 they will
For sure give you higher yeild but tastefully the same or similar. Hope you understand.. have a nice day..

fluw

Hasse SWE, Where abouts are you? And do you have seed that hasn't yet been planted in a place other than the Semois Valley?
No prob on the typo

Status
Not open for further replies.