Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Survival Guide a Find

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmaxB

Just poking around in search of good information and ran across a couple sites with what appears to be reasonably sound information.
The 1st site has a download of a complete book and at first glance looks like it covers most everything.
http://www.doomguide.com/download.php

The 2nd site has a large library full off all kinds of things. The link will take you to the home page, on the upper right corner choose your language then click the library button
http://www.survivalisti.fi/newsite/

Just thought I would share these resources for any who might have an interest

bonehead

if (when) you end up in maine and you are interested in small game hunting there are still a lot of grouse and some woodcocks around. they eat very well. the large snowshoe hares or rabbits are also plentifull and make a meal fit for a king. hair pie is excellent with tatters and carrots, cellery, onions ect. there are fiddleheads in the spring that are excellent with butter and lemon if you like nutty greens. i used to pick mushrooms around newport, skowheagen (my spelling sucks) so i imagine they are available that far up. there are tons of brook trout. i ate beaver and it was suprisingly good. blackberries grow excellent on forest edges and maine is famous for blueberries. woodducks abound next to the brooktrout. there are so many oppertunities to hunt and gather in maine. thanks for the links. i am jealous of your destination and lifestyle plans.

AmaxB

Your welcome bonehead - As a boy I spent a lot of time in the woods then life caused me to leave, I have always missed it. The goal had always been to earn enough to get back to them and spend my days living a simple life. I've never been the kind to need people and my people skills are less then good. At the spot I'm interested in the nearest town is a little over and hour away with a population of 122. You can believe I'll be eating good food and I love to bird hunt nothing like a dog on point. I've never had beaver but will try most things once, more if I like em.
That second link has got some good books there look for this one "1881_household_cyclopedia" lots of good reading in it. I'll be growing tobacco up there along with other things and will be sure to post on it.

Matty

That 1881 household encyclopedia makes an interesting read. Reminds me of a book I own that has almost all the same information. Did you notice the whole section on medicine has been omitted from that 1881 book? Shame, some of that old time medicine stuff is fun to read.

ArizonaDave

"As a boy I spent a lot of time in the woods then life caused me to leave, I have always missed it. The goal had always been to earn enough to get back to them and spend my days living a simple life. I've never been the kind to need people and my people skills are less then good.

Man, that describes me too.

AmaxB

That 1881 household encyclopedia makes an interesting read. Reminds me of a book I own that has almost all the same information. Did you notice the whole section on medicine has been omitted from that 1881 book? Shame, some of that old time medicine stuff is fun to read.

Here is a link to google Books - find the complete book including the missing section on medicine (was rather small) - Thomas Kelly 1881 Household Cyclopedia - https://books.google.com/books?id=rEndrWPvleUC&source=gbs_similarbooks

and here is a much better book for home remedy (medical treatments) - https://books.google.com/books?id=D...medicinal plants Household Cyclopedia&f=false

gotta love Google books

AmaxB

ArizonaDave lots of good stuff on the net I'll often become interested in a subject and then search out free downloads on it. I save them to a dedicated machine in the event I want to know something at a later time. I love win 7 so my machine that all these good things are save to has a copy of it on the machine. This machine never gets updated or connects to any thing other than a USB HDD (big one) that I use to move info. In this way the information is kept safe and sound. Heck even if I lose power it can be run from a deep cycle battery with simple auto DC to AC inverter.
An Alt to Win 7 could be a free copy of Linux Mint a couple hour D-Load burn to a disc and there ya go...

ArizonaDave

ArizonaDave lots of good stuff on the net I'll often become interested in a subject and then search out free downloads on it. I save them to a dedicated machine in the event I want to know something at a later time. I love win 7 so my machine that all these good things are save to has a copy of it on the machine. This machine never gets updated or connects to any thing other than a USB HDD (big one) that I use to move info. In this way the information is kept safe and sound. Heck even if I lose power it can be run from a deep cycle battery with simple auto DC to AC inverter.
An Alt to Win 7 could be a free copy of Linux Mint a couple hour D-Load burn to a disc and there ya go...

Any books like these always are good reading. Too bad they don't have the old Firefox books on PDF, or do they?

Status
Not open for further replies.