Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Braz. Mata Fina and Flojo Viso are IN STOCK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChinaVoodoo

This is what WLT says about it.

Item #:
Pfjsc
2012 crop year, Grown in Paraguay, this cigar filler is somewhat rare. The long leaf gives it its name...flojo or "flagging" leaf. This leaf is a medium dark brown. The flavor is nutty, chocolate and coffee with notes of cinnamon. The smoke is thick, medium bodied, and smooth. This is a flavorful tobacco with a pleasant aroma with hints of cherry and currents.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Flojo tobacco is listed as an agricultural product of Paraguay at least as far back as 1947 (for 70 years). [http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/470690.pdf] Other than that tidbit of documentation, attempts at searching for background on this tobacco is a black hole. "Flojo" is a common, Spanish adjective. Most promising search results lead back to www.wholeleaftobacco.com or www.fairtradetobacco.com, which is good for WLT and FTT, but not so good for search results.

While some Flojo is apparently grown somewhere in Africa, I do believe that this is a variety that is native to the Bolivia/Paraguay region of the eastern slopes of the Andes.

If you don't believe me, then check out the Fair Trade Tobacco Forum!

Bob

ArizonaDave

Flojo tobacco is listed as an agricultural product of Paraguay at least as far back as 1947 (for 70 years). [http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/470690.pdf] Other than that tidbit of documentation, attempts at searching for background on this tobacco is a black hole. "Flojo" is a common, Spanish adjective. Most promising search results lead back to www.wholeleaftobacco.com or www.fairtradetobacco.com, which is good for WLT and FTT, but not so good for search results.

While some Flojo is apparently grown somewhere in Africa, I do believe that this is a variety that is native to the Bolivia/Paraguay region of the eastern slopes of the Andes.

Bob

Wherever it's originally from, I totally enjoy this strain of tobacco!

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member

Bob

It still surprises me to see how often FTT is on the first page of many search results. I think it's a credit to our members who've actually done the research on the topics we discuss here.

There is no other forum or any other media in existence that covers the subject matter that we do here.

Youn

It still surprises me to see how often FTT is on the first page of many search results. I think it's a credit to our members who've actually done the research on the topics we discuss here.

There is no other forum or any other media in existence that covers the subject matter that we do here.

I started thinking in growing tobacco in January 2017. Looking for things related to tobacco has always brought me here and this is the only place where I have found good informations and more.
Now I have my first crop drying and I can say that it would not be the case without FTT!
So, thank you all!
And, Don, you can add a customer to the list of those provided by this site, I made my first order at WLT saturday :)

Status
Not open for further replies.