2 Corojo 99' Viso
2 San Vincente Liguero

The other:
Wrapper-(your choice) I used Havana2000
Binder-(your choice) I used 2 Piloto Cubano Seco leaves for even burn
Filler:
4 Piloto Cubano Seco
2 Paraguay African Flojo Viso
¼ to ½ leaf Brazilian Mata Fina--this helps to create a creamy taste with PCS and Paraguay Flojo viso
1 Criollo 98' Liguero

Dave, how big of a stick are you making with a 6-7 leaf blend....if I was to use that many it'd end up at least a 60 ring

ArizonaDave

Found a new blend y'all are going to really enjoy! It took a little while to get the mixture just right. It is kind of creamy, woody, and other flavors, you decide.
This is a blend for smaller coronas, but it should be able to be adapted for bigger rg cigars.

PA Binder

2 Piloto Cubano Seco leaves (or more depending on size preferred)
1 strip of Criollo 98 Liguero
1 strip of San Vincente Liguero

Notes: Nice combo of Leather/Spice from PA broadleaf with the Criollo/San Vincente combo, and an unusual creamy/woody taste.

LewZephyr

Found a new blend y'all are going to really enjoy! It took a little while to get the mixture just right. It is kind of creamy, woody, and other flavors, you decide.
This is a blend for smaller coronas, but it should be able to be adapted for bigger rg cigars.

PA Binder

Notes: Nice combo of Leather/Spice from PA broadleaf with the Criollo/San Vincente combo, and an unusual creamy/woody taste.

Looks good AZD. What did you use as a wrapper, or did this one go naked?

Thanks.

Smokin Harley

PA Binder

Sounds like I need to try that ...I dont have the ligeros but I have viso and secos , flavors should be the same just a slightly lesser strength . yeah, whats the wrapper??

ArizonaDave

Sounds like I need to try that ...I dont have the ligeros but I have viso and secos , flavors should be the same just a slightly lesser strength . yeah, whats the wrapper??

I've been making batches of these and different ones for my son, Fmgrowit, CharlieG, and now consider yourself included.....although the wait time might be a little while :) I also am rolling the other 2 blends listed above under "creamy". Oh, I should roll enough for me too.

ArizonaDave

I have to say, this year's Mata Fina is absolutely the BEST for blending, and is milder, so some of the blends might need more of it. Personally, I'm going to stock up with it as much as I can while it lasts. It seems to be more of a Seco rather than the first batch, which was more of like a Liguero, but the woody notes are FANTASTIC! Thanks to Don for bringing this one in!!!

Smokin Buffalo

Blending help. I have a viso that has a great flavor all on its own. How can I showcase that? Use a mild wrapper like Conny, EC shade or Besuki? I don't have any San Vincent seco to use. Thanks in advance.

ArizonaDave

Blending help. I have a viso that has a great flavor all on its own. How can I showcase that? Use a mild wrapper like Conny, EC shade or Besuki? I don't have any San Vincent seco to use. Thanks in advance.

Why not roll some puros of your viso? It depends on the flavor profile of your viso, and what flavor you want to either accent or blend.

charlie G.

Wow I got a big box of varied tobaccos yesterday from AZ Dave. What a generous gesture on his part. I haven't tried most of the varieties he sent me. Thanks Dave and I hope when I get a good blend made up I'll get some off to you. What a generous gesture on Dave's part.

ArizonaDave

Wow I got a big box of varied tobaccos yesterday from AZ Dave. What a generous gesture on his part. I haven't tried most of the varieties he sent me. Thanks Dave and I hope when I get a good blend made up I'll get some off to you. What a generous gesture on Dave's part.

Thanks Charlie, I just hope you enjoy! I have to say, when you sent me a pkg, your sticks were perfectly medium-bodied and well balanced.

Smokin Buffalo

Why not roll some puros of your viso? It depends on the flavor profile of your viso, and what flavor you want to either accent or blend.

When testing the tobacco, I rolled a puro and that is how I know i really like the marshmallow like flavor it puts off. When you say puro, are you saying don't add any other filler, but then use a different binder and wrapper. or just use the same leaf for all components?

Status
Not open for further replies.