Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Free Shipping has ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Unfortunately, due to recent USPS rate increases, we can no longer offer Free Shipping.

$10 discount on orders over $79.99 Enter "GreatDeal" as the coupon code when you check out. Do not select checkout with Paypal on the shopping cart page, select "Checkout" and continue to enter your information. You MUST then select UPS Ground as the shipping option. You will be given the option to checkout with Paypal after entering the coupon code. Offer does NOT include wholesale, commercial or Industrial products.
This offer is also extended to International orders

This discount should pay for most of the shipping costs for most customers. Sorry for the bad news, but spending $25 on shipping an $80 order just can not be sustained.

webmost

​ Sorry for the bad news, but spending $25 on shipping an $80 order just can not be sustained.

Oh, it can be sustained alright... you'd just have to get another job Don to make ends meet, and do this job just for charity! I know the post office is killing me on all the FX Smith's samples I send out, and absolutely murdering me on all the cigar bombs I send. When I started sending samplers, a magic box was only about two bucks. Now it's closer to three. I sent a guy a dozen empty cigar boxes last week lowest possible class --- it cost $42! I don't know how they can go on losing money.

brutal

ArizonaDave

Well, it was fun while it lasted, and $10 off is more than fair. Personally, I'm going to switch to another carrier....maybe FedEx. Webmost, the 5 pack box is now over $5, I'd have to check the new price.

ArizonaDave

What do you sell ? Arizona and Webmost...

FMGrowit i think that i know (lol)

LOL, no, I don't. Just sometimes share Cigars or cigar leaf, that's all for me. I send my son cigars sometimes. I used to have some Opal mines, and used to ship precious gems. I've also had a professional music business, but have settled into early retirement. LOL, Gavroche!

MarcL

Thank you Don Carey. You have always been very generous. The $10 discount is still a "GreatDeal". btw, the stock looks great!

webmost

What do you sell ? Arizona and Webmost...

FMGrowit i think that i know (lol)

We just like sending out little cigar presents, over here.
After all, the most fun you can have with a cigar is giving it away.
Try it. See if you don't agree.

I wonder how much is postage to France?
PM me an addy and we'll find out.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I will continue to give free upgrades to USPS priority when possible. We get special rates from time to time and there is no way to integrate them with the website. Sometimes the USPS rates are better than UPS, so we do the upgrade to get your order to you faster.

If you ever need your order shipped UPS ONLY, please leave a note in the special instructions box and we'll ship that way.

Thanks for understanding.

CobGuy

Completely understandable ... I'm glad that I got in on it with my last order and appreciate the "great deal" promo for next time!

USPS needs to get their S$%T together and stop raising their rates every two weeks. They are going to ruin a lot of business and just end up hurting themselves.

juan carlos

in Canada my last bag of 6 or 7 lbs was 50 USD (less a very nice 10 discount thank you very much!) to get here (65 CDN) an another 34.80 at the door for fees, duties and sales taxes...100 bucks. thats almost as much as the product. Y'all are getting a bargain at 25 USD and a 10 bucks off at the counter.

(it's about a 50/50 shot if canada customs picks it off for extra duty and fees, so it actually averages lower in the run)

edit: and a nice little free sample made it a little more fun to open the package.

i do a lot of freight across canada, it's about double what you pay in the states.

bonehead

the sad part is everyone said shipping prices -gas sir charges- are tied into oil prices when prices on everything were going up. oops shippers forgot to go back down when oil went down. whats there new excuse now. (this is not directed toards you or your business you were always more than fare) i love your business. ow wait i forgot about the shippers last excuse by now. dumb me. UP WE GE AGAIN ????????????????? my gas is getting cheaper.

BigBonner

Founding Member
I was shipping with UPS and their rates sky rocked for some reason . Then I went to USPS is was cheaper , but a week ago I was mailing some packages and USPS prices was what I thought was overly high . So I double check with UPS and their price for shipping was half of what USPS was going to charge me .
Example one box was going to cost me $39 with USPS and I typed in the same package through UPS and the price was half of what USPS was charging me .
Another bigger package I was sending to Fl , USPS wanted $26 shipping and UPS charged me $12.75

From now on if a package seems high on shipping , I will check both to get the cheapest quote .

ArizonaDave

the sad part is everyone said shipping prices -gas sir charges- are tied into oil prices when prices on everything were going up. oops shippers forgot to go back down when oil went down. whats there new excuse now. (this is not directed toards you or your business you were always more than fare) i love your business. ow wait i forgot about the shippers last excuse by now. dumb me. UP WE GE AGAIN ????????????????? my gas is getting cheaper.

I believe it's called price gouging.....raise rates when gas is up, but never lower rates when prices are down. Now, even though their prices are set for $4.50+ a gal, they'll raise their rates again when it reaches $3 a gallon and up. Then they'll be double charging. This is all because there's very little free market. In a true free market, they would have true competition.......hopefully one of the big 3 will challenge each other.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Yeah that is something huh? I never thought about that. Rates with the parcel services go up to cover cost of fuel, rates stay at same price as fuel drops, then they go back up again with the rising fuel costs.. Holy crap those dbags are repeating the same cycle over and over.

Think of a catchy name, send it to Amazon for their order fulfillment and shipping is free again, Amazon has made all the parcel services their bitch, they're doing anything Amazon wants because they don't want Amazon continuing down the logical conclusion of getting in to the delivery business. Although I think that's already not true in some cities.

Raodwarior

Also, Fed-Ex ground now will not ship anything tobacco so the lack of competition will also drive up the pricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.