Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hasse's grow blogg 2016 (the year That should not be):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
I think that it is time to do a fun blog for 2016.Every year the same thing, what do I want to cultivate? What can I grow (what do I get for kind of seeds?)

Then looking in from the box and realize that "I can't actually grow all the variants (like every other year)". This year, I would like always don't grow tobacco, then I thought I can just grow Dark/Dark air variants, but when I now look at my collection I realize that I probably have my best mix of all the years I have growing tobacco.

Time to stop talking and just tell my growing mixes for this year:
Brightleaf:
-Galacian "original".
Burley:
-Semois (ain't shore if I should putting it up like a Burley or not..).
-Hauraki Gold.
-VA:309.
Orient tobacco:
-Izmir-Ozbas.
-Izmir-Lebanese.
-Bursa.
Dark/Dark air:
-Dutch (Ohio).
-Szamosi "Dark".
-Greenwood.
Cigar variants:-
-Havana#608 (binder).
-Zimmer"Spanish" (filler)
-CT-8212 USA-Shade (wrapper).
Other:
-Maryland (unknown).
-TW:137 (N.Sylvesteris).

jojjas

Looks like you have a big patch and a lot of time to spend there;)
I am trying to reduce nr of varietys to grow this year , time will tell how it turn´s up

Gavroche

Bonjour Hasse vous haven't the contact avec Martin pour Semois? ... Vous voulez que le contact avec Couvert? il est un autre homme produit Semois ...

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Jojjas: I ain't having times, but as long I working late I can take times. And I have really done my best to keep the variants down..
I also have"Piloto" that I hope I can put in to life. But it ain't looking good for it.. But. I don't stop hoping for that one. It would be funny if it turns out well.
PS with 3 year old twins and a boy one 5year how much time do I have?? Nop alot. Of nice nights thanks :)

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Oki that would be nice of you. The Alkaloid is interesting but it's absolutely not a big deal.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Hasse,
Interesting collection. Dutch (Ohio) is classified as cigar filler. Having grown it, I can confirm that. It's a big, productive plant with very large leaf. Most of it kilns a medium to dark brown for me.

Bob

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I can't quite read the measurements, but your CT Shade appears to be quite a bit larger than my sun-grown CT Shade from 2012:

Garden20120807_443_CtShade_leafSize_300.jpg

Bob

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Bob the leaf is:W: 29cm (11,4 Inches) And L: 50cm ( 19,69 Inches ). The leaf shape does not look really the same ether. Your looking more like the one I have been growing 2014 I shall see if I find and pictures from it. This variant did I grow in my carport last summer and really liked the results. The only bad thing was taken I only saved one plant to produce new seed and that plant broke off, that's the reason I did a second grow already this season (with my last seed).

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
My CT Shade seed came from the late JohnLee1933 (John Ashworth), so I don't really know any specifics, other than it being the seed growing at his friend's commercial Connecticut Valley farm in 2011.

Bob

mwaller

The leaf looks great! Are you using shade cloth, or do you simply keep the plants in indirect light?

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
My CT Shade seed came from the late JohnLee1933 (John Ashworth), so I don't really know any specifics, other than it being the seed growing at his friend's commercial Connecticut Valley farm in 2011.Bob
But that is also something Bob, some of the tobacco I growing can I read specific things about example how resistant it is and what year it have been created even if it doesn't make the tobacco better, if things going wrong it goes wrong (question is more how bad and easy it happens). And when I read about a variant everyone sounds like the best ever.. When it comes to "Connecticut shade" tobacco's I known that they almost only are growing two variants of it (CT-8212 and CT-211) CT-211 is older as variant and have lower yield but the leaf's taste more. So if you hunting Tasteful tobacco it's nothing for you. But this variants get pretty nice tobacco and last year I was really impressed of the excellent look of the leaf (little bad that I just put the tobacco into a blender and turns it into powder). For me this variant is more like a variant I can grow and use for my "oral-snuff" but I most also have something that taste more.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
The leaf looks great! Are you using shade cloth, or do you simply keep the plants in indirect light?
mwaller: Unfortunately I don't do Cigar so I have not been growing it under shade. But I was growing this variant in my carport last year and did it with very good results (only problem was that the plants I didn't topping was topping them self).Yes I like those leaf's around 15 leaf's in very similar size and 6 leaf's that is smaller (not bad at all).

BarG

Founding Member
My CT Shade seed came from the late JohnLee1933 (John Ashworth), so I don't really know any specifics, other than it being the seed growing at his friend's commercial Connecticut Valley farm in 2011.

Bob

JohnLee1933 got his seed from a commercial grower friend of his. I miss him alot, he was cool. No specifics here either ,other than they grew under shade cloth and he got rolls of old cloth for free.his grow blogs are still on record with pics I bet. If I recall, one of his posts showed his friends operation. Ole John Lee had a great sense of humor.

Side bar here. Did his son close his account at FTT out?

Status
Not open for further replies.