Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hello from Hawaii

Status
Not open for further replies.

Souza1994

Hello I've been a member of FTT for a while studying the posts to learn how to grow my own and purchasing whole leaf from WLT. I live in California but I'm in Oahu, HI for work and was wondering if there were any growers out here. It seems to be perfect conditions for tobacco year around. I'm a cigarette smoker and a VERY amateur cigar roller and would love to try some Hawaiian tobacco.

ArizonaDave

In the past, I've read some articles from that Kauai Cigar Company, that stated that there's "wild" tobacco growing in Hawaii. There just might be.....I'm not there, so I can't go check it out. Starting with heirloom strains for Cigars though is as good place to start as any. Northwood seeds has the best seeds out there.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i lived in WAHIAWA when i was about 14.... damn i love them islands. the perfect weather, fine ass women...and dumb tourist to take advantage of,

welcome

Smokin Harley

Hello I've been a member of FTT for a while studying the posts to learn how to grow my own and purchasing whole leaf from WLT. I live in California but I'm in Oahu, HI for work and was wondering if there were any growers out here. It seems to be perfect conditions for tobacco year around. I'm a cigarette smoker and a VERY amateur cigar roller and would love to try some Hawaiian tobacco.
Very interesting ...and I have a question. What kind of "import rigamorole" does Hawaii do to allow any kind of tobacco products in? Finished and processed I can see but how about seed? I am pretty sure there is a fine mesh screen (more like a brick wall) about importing any kind of non-native seed to the islands. Can you imagine Hawaiian grown cigar varieties??

Brown Thumb

Topping with a knife, is the guy in the background have a Knife also?
different, I thought everyone just busted them off.

ProfessorPangloss

Amateur Kentuckian

That is just beautiful. I assume you're in the know about these folks. Are they at the stage of (or even considering) selling you whole leaf, or do you think they'll just keep it all for their own gorgeous looking product?

Topping with a knife, is the guy in the background have a Knife also?
different, I thought everyone just busted them off.

I don't see a knife - i think he's just using a weird thumb-index finger snappy motion

waikikigun

My backyard fence abutted a sugarcane field when I was a kid in Kapa'a. I used to steal cane from there. Decades later it became coffee, and now it's tobacco. Three things I love. Throw my ashes into that field.

Status
Not open for further replies.