Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hello from north ga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gahunter

Hello, just graduated from UGA trying to find a job in our "great economy" until then I am homesteading on my old family farm. Looking forward to growing tobacco for the first time by myself, I remember some from my youth and this site is a great resource refreshing my mind. Thanks everyone for all of the informative posts I have already read.
Hunter

ArizonaDave

Hello, just graduated from UGA trying to find a job in our "great economy" until then I am homesteading on my old family farm. Looking forward to growing tobacco for the first time by myself, I remember some from my youth and this site is a great resource refreshing my mind. Thanks everyone for all of the informative posts I have already read.
Hunter

Welcome Hunter,

Glad to have you on board! What type of tobacco are you thinking of growing this year?

Gahunter

Thanks for the welcome Dave. I am planning on growing two or three very hardy and newbie friendly strains so I can put back some cigars. Still haven't found much on a solid wrapper?

Gahunter

I prefer a maduro. Any idea what would be the most idiot proof variety?

ArizonaDave

I prefer a maduro. Any idea what would be the most idiot proof variety?

Probably Connecticut broadleaf. I love the Ecuador Maduro WLT has here: http://wholeleaftobacco.com/Ecuador-Maduro-Wrapper-ECMaduro.htm which is probably a Ct. broadleaf. The others I like are Penn. Broadleaf like here: http://wholeleaftobacco.com/PA-Binder-PABDR.htm which has more spice and some nice leather notes, and San Andres is another that comes to mind. Any of these would be good.

Gahunter

Thank you very much Dave. You have saved me hours of searching already. Now just to buy some seeds and hope it works out.

ArizonaDave

Thank you very much Dave. You have saved me hours of searching already. Now just to buy some seeds and hope it works out.

This place is the best place to get seeds. They supply almost all the other tobacco seed sites. Any time man! BTW, I'm originally from FL. Just give me a holler if I can help! Take care!

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Welcome. As for a wrapper, try Florida Sumatra. It makes for a thin wrapper even when grown in the sun. Your other option would be to build a simple shade structure and grow "real" shade tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.