Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hello from Wisconsin

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyBoy87

Hi all,

I recently got into whole leaf tobacco for making cigarettes. One day, being rather dissatisfied with the offerings of "pipe" tobacco available locally and bored with what I had found online, I did a search to gather some opinions on what the best brands/blends of pipe tobacco for cigarettes were. I stumbled on a forum somewhere where a guy was answering similar questions and he was talking about whole leaf and saying he wished he would've switched years ago.
A little more research on whole leaf led me to leaf only and WLT for a couple good sources. I've been making my own for several years now, and honestly don't know how it took me so long to discover this way of doing things. I ordered some samples, a leaf kit, and a cheap shredder from leaf only, and after the first stick I was sold. Within 2 weeks of that order, having decided whole leaf is the way to go for me, I ordered 8 lbs from WLT of different kinds, and ordered the nicer Gabej style fine cut shredder from leaf only. I suppose the next logical step was to register on a forum or 2 and get involved in the conversation, as I've read many posts already for ideas on blending, shredding, and the like.
All that said, I look forward to continued experimenting and sharing in the experience that is whole leaf tobacco. Cheers everyone! :D

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Well since you joined 2 different sites..you can pretty much dump the other site...this one has more traffic than any of them...
And the knowledge of the members here is incredible...welcome and look forward to seeing more of you.

BennyBoy87

Hey, thanks for the welcomes guys! I've actually only registered on this site so far, and per Chicken's advice I may just keep it that way, it does seem there's more than enough forum for me here haha

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Welcome. The owner of WLT also owns this forum. He runs some good members only deals on occasion. Keep your eyes peeled. Put your member name in the comments section on your next order and you may find a nice surprise when your order arrives. Samples and other goodies aren't unusual.

DGBAMA

Welcome. Read around here long enough and the next step is to take a hand at growing your own.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Welcome. The owner of WLT also owns this forum. He runs some good members only deals on occasion. Keep your eyes peeled. Put your member name in the comments section on your next order and you may find a nice surprise when your order arrives. Samples and other goodies aren't unusual.

Well that's nice to know..although I've never ordered anything..I was thinking of sending don some money..just to help maintaining the expenses of running the site.

BennyBoy87

Yeah, always nice to be clued in about free goodies and special deals, thanks for the tips.

burge

Welcome I have used them for cdn Virginia that's about it. Dons leaf is packaged better with full whole leaves. Had he had the cdn I would be ordering from whole leaf only

BennyBoy87

Yeah, I ordered through them before I discovered the wlt site with cheaper prices. And now having ordered from both (leaf only twice because I decided to upgrade to the fine cut shredder) I gotta say it looks like wlt from here on out. I ordered 8 pounds of tobacco from wlt and a shredder from leaf only on the same day. The tobacco was at my doorstep before the shredder even shipped so that doesn't look good for leaf only...

Jabman

Welcome neighbor, I too got sick of the brands of pipe tobacco and went online to search out different types of tobacco and stumbled on WLT. Glad I did.

burge

Yeah, I ordered through them before I discovered the wlt site with cheaper prices. And now having ordered from both (leaf only twice because I decided to upgrade to the fine cut shredder) I gotta say it looks like wlt from here on out. I ordered 8 pounds of tobacco from wlt and a shredder from leaf only on the same day. The tobacco was at my doorstep before the shredder even shipped so that doesn't look good for leaf only...
Well there you go Dons double toasted burley is the best you can buy. I do not like Burley but this stuff is good. The American flue cured leaf is good stuff the red is good stuf

Status
Not open for further replies.