Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Garden planting / the freeze is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
At least in Fla.its gone.I been waiting on a good rain.and got it last night..I've had my area tilled and fertilized with dolomite.ammonium nitrate.sulfur.potash.magnesium sulfate.copper sulfate..

And I been letting my 4 bulldogs run all thru it mixing all those ingredients in the ground..I'll till again this weekend. And start my green beans in a starting tray..I've noticed a lot of farmers in my area start them first..and after picking.they start their crop they will grow for the rest of the season.( cotton watermelon tobacco e.t.c. )

This year's garden will be big..but with only a few choices of veggies.
Cucumbers
Tomatoes ( 4 different types )
Egg plant
Yellow squash
Zuchinni
North Carolina giant watermelons
Okra

Smokin Harley

Lucky you... Still have almost 2 1/2 months to wait here until last expected spring frost. You'll be picking about time I plant out.

Jabman

I still have about two months to wait here as well, but it has been a warm March here. First time in many years there has been no snow, in my part of MN at least.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Yesterday I tilled under a lot of chicken manure..my green beans all 3 trays (128 hole trays ) are germinated..the cukes.squash.and okra is up..by this weekend I may have the whole garden planted..

And although I never have much luck with corn..I may try it again this year..with heavy fertilizing.. It'll either do good or ill burn it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.