Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

DGBAMA 2016 GROW...4th year.....Set and Forget

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGBAMA

4th year grow, and bought property over the winter that is taking all my time getting ready for our future home. Needless to say tobacco time will be minimal this year. So taking what I have learned the last three years and will plant with the goal of seeing if I can get a respectable harvest with minimal hands on time.

No new varieties this year, only proven ones with good yield and easy cure. Lots of stalk curing this year.
I'm proud of myself, actually narrowed down to 10 varieties.

The list:
Big Gem
Hickory prior
DB27
Izmir
Prilep
Bursa
Golden Burley
Silver River
Bolivian Crillo Black
Black Mammoth

Starting Trays are filled with Baccto Peat soil, as always.
14572361701120.jpg

Brown Thumb

Good Luck this yr. Im gonna try the set it and try to forget it method also this yr.
I might try some of that sucker control stuff.
Good luck on the new purchase. I built my house myself and it seems like it will never get it done.
I haven't had time yet to plant since I have been trying to build my wife's center island she has been waiting for for over eight yrs.

DGBAMA

Good Luck this yr. Im gonna try the set it and try to forget it method also this yr.
I might try some of that sucker control stuff.
Good luck on the new purchase. I built my house myself and it seems like it will never get it done.
I haven't had time yet to plant since I have been trying to build my wife's center island she has been waiting for for over eight yrs.

Mine wants one too.....don't think o will get away with 8 years.....

DGBAMA

Seeding is done. 9 Trays lights on full time first 10 days or so until sprouted and thinned, then the lights go on timer to match natural daylight hours for a few weeks until ready to move to the greenhouse.14573211656430.jpg

DGBAMA

And a couple shots of the new property I am clearing, just for the sake of sharing what will be the new place..14573213025071.jpg14573213471652.jpg
A few months ago, could not even drive onto the property it was so overgrown.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
What's that in the picture...a fireplace from a previous house..it looks to be made of rocks.??

DGBAMA

What's that in the picture...a fireplace from a previous house..it looks to be made of rocks.??

Very old chimney, yes. Foud a couple old electrical outlets, 2 prong, in steel boxes. I am thinking of building a workshop around the chimney and keeping it.

Brown Thumb

Nice piece of land there. The old chimney is Cool, I like that kind of stuff.
Don't go crazy clearing it all out, Freaking grows back faster than Baccy Grows.
If you can't mow, weedwacker it ect. easily it turns into another Job and just grows back.
Trust Me.:mad:

DGBAMA

All of the firebrick in the fireplace is unbroken. In burning the remnants of the old structure, it appears sound, to the point that it pulled a draft just having a fire at the base of, but well outside the chmey.14574131889280.jpg

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
I'm thinking of making a chimney like that..and using a pot belly heater for my bacca barn I'm gonna build..I already got a crap load of rocks..

DGBAMA

5 days, first green. Looks like I overseeded and set my self up for a bunch of thinning again this year.14577136313720.jpg

BigBonner

Founding Member
Royal MH 30 or Super Sucker and Shoot is for cigar and dark tobacco
Maleic hydrazide , potassium salt

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
I got a. Crap load of thinning to do also..I just wonder how many trays I'll have when I'm finally done.
As of right now I already got a crap load of trays.

DGBAMA

Thinning is down to two per cell. My prilep failed to start, so is being redone. Some are already showing first real leaves.

Also still have some shredding to do to clear the curing chamber for this year's crop.
14584070019690.jpg
14584070318241.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.