Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

G'day from Oz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I'd write to say G'day.

I live in the nanny state of Australia where I wish I could enjoy my pipe and snus without having to pay extortionate amounts for the privilege but I can't say it's going to improve anytime soon. With the latest campaign of fiscal promises being bandied about, it is tobacco that once again becomes the easy tax grab to line the coffers of an ailing treasury. Seems some pollies would like to see cigarettes go up to $40 a pack and they could do it too without anyone batting an eyelid.

Anyway, I started to take affirmative action around 3 years ago to help ease the pain of having my wallet being emptied by government and to learn more about the leaf I so enjoy. I'm wrapping up my third season of growing a modest garden and having a small amount of leaf to experiment with in my pipe and just lately making my own snus. The 2015/16 season was/is a mixed bag of Burley, Black Mammoth, Del Gold, Yellow Orinoco, Improved Madole, Golden Virginia, Samsun and Rustica to varying degrees of success.

Come spring I'll have a crack at Virginia Bright Leaf, Bolivian Black and Havana 142 along with some more Burley and probably Black Mammoth.

I've learnt a lot from all that have taken the time to share their knowledge and experience on the forum and I'd like to say thanks.

Happy growing to all.

Cheers,
ANT

Thanks for the welcomes.

No special Burley Hasse. The seed I have was from The he Tobacco Seed Company in the UK and named Burley Original. I have no idea which strain of Burley it is but it grew alright and gave me a good yield of leaf. So next time around I figured I'll give it another shot. Seed isn't readily available here in Australia and importing can be somewhat hit and miss with quarantine.

Status
Not open for further replies.