Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hydroponic tobacco?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoralReefs

Suburban baccy farmer
That book is ridiculously expensive especially considering you can get all that info here ... for free

Yeah true... I have no idea if it is any good or not, I just thought it was interesting that someone bothered to write a book with a (reportedly) generous coverage of hydroponics. Then again, I think I paid like $180 for my Calculus textbook when I took calculus :( Might have been a little less I do not remember but it was pretty high. One of my freshman Physics texts was around that price too. (By the time I was a Junior in college, I discovered that you could order the book from overseas and save a ton of money. I think my quantum mechanics textbook was about $120 new- I paid around $40 for it!)

[Edit]
HOLY CRAP!!! I just looked it up! The MSRP on that calculus textbook is currently$224! Amazon has it for $156! I dont remember for sure what I paid but geez! That guy sells like several million copies of that book annually too (I forget the exact number- but he must be rich)!

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
CoralReefs,
That must be the new calculus and the new physics. As an undergraduate in the 1960s, Calculus was $22. The most expensive book I ever purchased as an undergrad was a 1200+ page 2-semester physics book, for and even $30. Took my breath away at the time.

Given that authors of college textbooks make hardly any money from them, and the fact that production costs (if you forgo unneeded full-color illustrations) run about $25 per volume for today's textbooks, somebody is raping and pillaging the wallets of students.

Bob

CoralReefs

Suburban baccy farmer
CoralReefs,
That must be the new calculus and the new physics. As an undergraduate in the 1960s, Calculus was $22. The most expensive book I ever purchased as an undergrad was a 1200+ page 2-semester physics book, for and even $30. Took my breath away at the time.

Given that authors of college textbooks make hardly any money from them, and the fact that production costs (if you forgo unneeded full-color illustrations) run about $25 per volume for today's textbooks, somebody is raping and pillaging the wallets of students.

Bob

Do you remember the authors? I might have one or both of them. Before I actually started working on my B.S. I collected Math and Physics books. I particularly liked older ones. I have a few geometry texts that are just shy of 100 years old.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
The physics text is Halliday and Resnick. The calculus text was lost (along with 65 pounds of other books) by the USPS in 1976.

Bob

johnlee1933

Founding Member
CoralReefs,

Bob

Bob, Don't you mean their parents?

John

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Do you remember the authors? I might have one or both of them. Before I actually started working on my B.S. I collected Math and Physics books. I particularly liked older ones. I have a few geometry texts that are just shy of 100 years old.

I have:

Diff Equations Agnew 1942

Partial Diff Equations Miller 1953

Ele Class Phy Weidner/Sells 1965

Univ Phys Sears/Zemansky 1949

If you have any interest PM me.

John

Nathan Esq

To revive a very old thread. I'm in Fl and have a couple tobacco plants (first time) referenced in my grow blog on this site. I'm growing in 7 gallon bags outside, in coir, with hydro nutes. Probably dont need hydro nutes, but I dont feel like messing with dry water soluble yet. I've done tomatoes before and they grew twice as fast. I can also reuse the coir. The benefit is very little nutrient goes into the ground, which is a problem in FL. Not sure about a second harvesting as I heard the tobacco quality isnt so good, but I will give it a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.