Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Wife and I going to Cancun this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokin Harley

For her 50th birthday. We are staying at Riu Caribe . I was wondering if anyone in here has been there in recent years and if you happened to find any good local cigars worth looking for. My wife has been corresponding with a local who is a planner for our excursions and he has suggested a brand called Te Amo and a cigar shop that his friend runs is only a 5 minute bus trip away from our resort. Just looking for other choices. Thanks guys.

Gavroche

I smoked te amo distributed in France 4 or 5 years ago and unfortunately, we do not find it any more...

These cigars enchanted me, if you can have it I turn darker(rush) smoked corona gorda

http://www.poignee2cigares.com/forum/topic/3183-te-amo/
Posted by Gavroche On 23/09/2009 - 15:38 bought in Paris to art tobacco places of Catalonia in XIV eme.

I may look, I do not find subject and nevertheless these cigars are very perfumed, in vineyard of the smells of cowshed very frank and a perfect edition(drawing).
In the ignition of the pepper, the leather, it is very animal.
The only met concern(marigold) is a very internal combustion not affecting(touching) the cape, what obliges frequent knocks of flame to obtain a perfect ash. The edition(drawing) is good too firm, open step cut-and-dried.
We find them only to Art Tobacco (dixit the representative) the prices(prizes) oscillate between 4.2 - 4.7.
Capes are rustic and very veined.
A good moment!:smoke:

ChinaVoodoo

Te Amo has several different cigars on the Canadian market. The Mexican domestic ones are uncommon. I've had a few. I like them. They also have a line where they use tobaccos from different countries. I remember liking the Nicaragua. I've had plenty of them. I've liked every Te Amo I've smoked. I personally believe Mexican cigars are highly underrated. If the local tobacconist carried Te Amo, they would be my go to. Medium.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Never been there but I've heard stories..I'd suggest you stay in the tourist locations..I've heard it can get real dangerous for tourist if they find themselves in "" the wrong area of town ""..

Hope you have a good trip..and expect many pictures upon your return.

Smokin Harley

Got back this morning. All I can say is the weather there of upper 80's sunny , breezy...cocktails,cigars,sand ...spring breakers all over...was much more enjoyable than to what we came back to...cold rainy and, well... Chicago. I also made a beach friend - an English coal miner "Jimmy"and his family out to also celebrate his wifes recent birthday. Jimmy bought one of those Te Amo for a friend of his. Before we departed the lobby early yesterday I handed him one of my own hand-rolled Corojo Smokin Harley's to enjoy.
I spent quite a bit of time not doing much of anything but my brother in law (wifes bro) and I did get to partake in some good conversation over some fine cigars and spirits. Of course the beach had the ever existent beach hawkers selling everything from ladies beach cover-ups , hats, shirts ,plata(silver jewelry) and then ...the habano guys showed up. My brother in law and I quickly forgot all the rules of negotiating beach prices but we did end up buying and splitting 2- 5 pack boxes of Cohiba and Montecristo ,which we obtained for the thrifty beach price of 2 for $50 ...unfortunately we figured them out to be counterfeits (sloppy Cohiba label artwork and the Montes were 2016 Limitado Edicion) but nonetheless tasty smokes. Not bad at $5 each...I've actually had much worse smokes at $7 or more that I knew were genuine. But the hotel gift shop had actual genuine Cubano stogies that we were careful to inspect and select. My BIL got himself a few Punch while I opted for a Montecristo Tubo and a Romeo Y Julieta torpedo which was absolutely outstanding. THEN, on our trip home we went through the duty free shop and we got ourselves some Cohiba Siglo II ,Montecristo and Romeo Y Julieta (3 No.3's),all tubos which were the same exact ones I was attempting to buy through a website that I ended up cancelling the order due to a purchasing problem. Luckily all of these at the duty free were the same price as the website.
Besides that , wife and I had a great time soaking up the sun ,a lot of food and a lot more spirits. Took a catamaran all day excursion out to visit Isla Mujeres .
I lost track of at least one afternoon and one whole night . Wife only describes my antics during that time as "cute" and said that shes thankful I am a very happy ,friendly and albeit talkative drunk. I'll just leave it at that ...Pictures coming . Stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.