Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Jojjas 2016 growing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojjas

Harvested 3/4 of this year´s grow , just the top leafs left to prime , mud lugs and succer leafs is going to became raw material for snus fabrikation , and will be the last leafs to take care of
20160904_181048.jpg
Thinking that it harvesting should be finnish mid next week
20160904_171111.jpg
conecticut broadleaf to the left and con shade to right , in couple of weeks then they could go in the kiln (sorry about the crappy picture)
20160904_171117.jpg
con shade to right and damaged leafs to the left ( insect and wind damage leafs , for my snus making )

jojjas

Realised that it was 2.5 months that i posted here since last time , harvested the last leafs in the end of september
Quality good and rich harvest make it a real pleasant year to grow tobacco , well i get a good harvest from almost everything this year , tomatoes got a all time high harvest , over 800 tomatoes .
20161023_124556.jpg
Some of the stalkcured perique plants
All of them shall end up as perique , this year i run 2 batches side by side , one regular pressure and one "pressureless" batch , third time i try the pressureless method and i think the previus tryouts with pressureless perique has became quite good , in my opinion a little bit sweeter and more fragrant but that is what i think , this test will determent if i only use the pressureless method
20161128_210450.jpg
approx about 0,5 kg ( just over 1 lbs ) dry leaf weight in each batch .

A few of the first batch con shade is colorcured and out of the kiln
20161120_134610.jpg
I think i have to run the kiln at least 6-7 months to kiln all my leafs
one more batch with connecticut shade and later con broadleaf and swarr hibsman

jojjas

Week before christmas update.
Second batch out of the kiln , con shade seco leafs ready , huge leafs this year , average size approx 24x14 inch (60 x 35 cm )and plenty of wrapper´s among them
20161219_172655.jpg
Sometimes life is good , just let them dry out a bit and then roll the first test stogie

jojjas

The leaf looks tempting. Very nice. I could not get Connecticut Shade to do very well when I grew it in full sun.

Bob
I have grow them under shade and it seems to be sufficient enough , shading was only 10% but an surprice that i not think of was that temp got up a couple degrees under the "tent" , you see it in post nr 17 , i think you call it aggribon or similar.

jojjas

Finally , the last batch of 2016 harvest out of the kiln today . Almost every leaf are in premium quality (imho :)
The end of 2016 grow blog

jojjas

Oh , it just a modified refrigerator , nothing fancy at all , just a crockpot for heat and humidity and a fan to move the air around inside , but yeah , a picture is coming

Charly

Nice !
Every times I see a kiln I ask myself : "Why didn't build your own yet ???"
This year I will !

greenmonster714

Nice !
Every times I see a kiln I ask myself : "Why didn't build your own yet ???"
This year I will !

I've got to do the same Charly. I've got an old chest freezer to use but I just gotta gather the stuff to use in it. The list of things to get for growing just keeps growing.

Status
Not open for further replies.