Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Growing in remote locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doogie

I have land where I'm growing 40+ plants in prime conditions, or so I think. Now I also own over 100+ archers of hunting land I would like to grow tobacco on. Now the land is not close its upstate ny, and in Vt. So I would like to do a grow where I go one time set up and maybe check on it once and a while. I have a stream in both locations. Anyone have any experience growing in the woods.

things I would do is did a 2x2x3 hole for every plant pill with good soil mix plus moisture Crystals. I really don't what to have to add gravity drip system.

Tips

DonH

Well if it's in the woods, the plants wouldn't get enough sunlight and if it's in open land, the weeds would choke the plants out, so I'm skeptical that this could work unless you were close enough to check on the plants every week. Imagine trying to do that with tomatoes, for example.

DGBAMA

Biggest danger of leaving a tobacco crop unattended is pests. As long as it doesn't completely dry out, you will be fine. Will it be a"perfect " crop,.... No. But it is a weed, it is perfectly capable of giving a good yield when left unattended.

Doogie

I was also honking about using 10 gallon grow bags and burry them half way what you think. I can find spots with sun.

Gavroche

I grew 8 plants of Rustica in squares dug by a width and a depth of spade, they remained very small the others on ploughed ground took the good size.

ChinaVoodoo

Interesting to try. If I was to grow in the forest, I would choose as a location, the south edge of old growth where there is perhaps enough water for tobacco, but the undergrowth is less dense to absent because of excessive mulch . In fact, if you found logs there, i might roll them out of the way, and plant in those spots where the logs were because the soil may be less interfered with by roots, and may have more nutrients.

I would plant orientals densely there as to compete with any undergrowth, and because they've proven to be more resilient with less water and nutrients.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
As stated pests would be your major problem..your crop would get ate up..without constant attention to the bugs..

Me personally I don't think it can be done..the dreaded hornworms would ruin your crop.

Status
Not open for further replies.