Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Cigar roller new project

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBonner

Founding Member
Here is a picture of my newest project . I wanted to use linear bearings and rails but they would cost around $90 alone .
It is still a work in progress

5ihciRF.jpg

BigBonner

Founding Member
Here is a side view It is 23.5" long by 14" wide and 4" tall .
I made the rails so that it keeps the roller going straight down the roller plate with one hand .

YmHIYkZ.jpg

chuditch

Is it possible to post a short video of it in use? Would like to see that. Don't know if can even put videos on here but would like to see it being used.

MarcL

This looks good Larry. table top mounted, nice!

Last edited by a moderator:

BigBonner

Founding Member
The ring gauge can be adjusted just like my Lieberman . First picture , bottom left there is a little bolt that you loosen and that lets the rod turn to tighten the mat or loosen the mat .

Longer mat the bigger the ring gauge , the shorter , the smaller the ring gauge . The mat is rolled around that rod and attached with a steel bar with screws so the mat can easily be replaced if it every wore out .

moscca

The good thing about using one hand is that your other hand stays free to spread the binder.

BigBonner

Founding Member
This is the one and only one I have made so far, If I knew there was a big need for them I would make several . I still have the Lieberman machines and they sell slowly . I have 4 left and I may not make any more of the Lieberman's
When I roll I roll by hand , but these machines keep the bunch really even as you roll and doesn't knot or twist up .
I have not tried to reverse ends and pull the roller . I do believe if a person wanted to they could pull it toward them instead of pushing it away .
I need to figure out a name for this girl .
I put my email on the pictures because a lot of my pictures wind up all over the net by others .

BigBonner

Founding Member
I will market the roller if there is enough need .
When I make rollers , I like to put 5 of them together at the same time . I Bend 5 plates and weld the same pieces together on each one .

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Hey big, what is that flexible material made of that rolls the leaf?

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
That is the nicest roller I've ever seen I think. Looks even more sturdy than my 100yr old cast iron one.

Status
Not open for further replies.