Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

vintage Falcon pipe find today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokin Harley

Yesterdays trip to Navy Pier in Chicago. Finaaly made it to the world renowned Iwan Ries -oldest family owned tobacco establishment in the US . Since 1857 . I didn't know it at the time but I had the vice president of the company helping me . I first looked in their drawer of pipe and accessories for a meerschaum lined replacement bowl for my Falcon. I then heard the voice "can I help you look for something?" which I took full advantage, usually I just say I'm just looking but for once I wasn't "just looking" I was in awe of the amount of smoking items. walls of beautiful humidors filled with almost any cigar imaginable. So, I expained my swap meet pipe find and that I was seeking a bowl to give it some new life and enjoyment. At first he had a puzzled ,almost disappointed look that he may not have one. "In the back" he went ...and for quite some time. Out he emerged with not one but two choices. One was a tulip looking bowl that did not suit my taste at all. The other was a rounded shouldered looking bowl , very pleasing to the eye and to the hand as well. Very ... comfortable. So then I asked for direction to the Padron cigars and was led across the floor around the main glass counter to a small built-in ,walk-in humi filled from top to bottom with Sr. Jose Orlando Padron's wares. Picked out an Anniversary #9 , a 4000 series toro and then spotted an Arturo Fuente Opus X lost city . I could have spent the entire afternoon up there on that second floor but my wife , her sister and her soon-to-be Navy bound son were waiting out front . I can't wait to sit down and enjoy these.

ArizonaDave

Yesterdays trip to Navy Pier in Chicago. Finaaly made it to the world renowned Iwan Ries -oldest family owned tobacco establishment in the US . Since 1857 . I didn't know it at the time but I had the vice president of the company helping me . I first looked in their drawer of pipe and accessories for a meerschaum lined replacement bowl for my Falcon. I then heard the voice "can I help you look for something?" which I took full advantage, usually I just say I'm just looking but for once I wasn't "just looking" I was in awe of the amount of smoking items. walls of beautiful humidors filled with almost any cigar imaginable. So, I expained my swap meet pipe find and that I was seeking a bowl to give it some new life and enjoyment. At first he had a puzzled ,almost disappointed look that he may not have one. "In the back" he went ...and for quite some time. Out he emerged with not one but two choices. One was a tulip looking bowl that did not suit my taste at all. The other was a rounded shouldered looking bowl , very pleasing to the eye and to the hand as well. Very ... comfortable. So then I asked for direction to the Padron cigars and was led across the floor around the main glass counter to a small built-in ,walk-in humi filled from top to bottom with Sr. Jose Orlando Padron's wares. Picked out an Anniversary #9 , a 4000 series toro and then spotted an Arturo Fuente Opus X lost city . I could have spent the entire afternoon up there on that second floor but my wife , her sister and her soon-to-be Navy bound son were waiting out front . I can't wait to sit down and enjoy these.

Sometimes, the family keeps us from going off the reservation too far. Never did try an Opus X, although I've enjoyed other Arturo Fuente creations. My fave was an Anjeo shark. I'm off to a Chiro appt. at the VA in PHX, then I guess we're picking up some groceries afterward.

Status
Not open for further replies.