Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Dave's rookie grow blog 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Looks like your off to a good start..I believe for a first timer..proper germination is about the most difficult part..make sure you have your hornworms posion ready to use..

DGBAMA

Good time to populate the empty cells. With a pair of tweezers, you can gently lift a couple starts from the healthy but overcrowded cells and move them to the cells without a healthy seedling. They have so few roots that they move easily.

Dave R

Good time to populate the empty cells. With a pair of tweezers, you can gently lift a couple starts from the healthy but overcrowded cells and move them to the cells without a healthy seedling. They have so few roots that they move easily.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that this weekend.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Good looking plants! Nice job. Time to start adding some fertilizer to your water if you haven't already started.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
They are looking good..the ones I got going are monsters...very soon now I will be planting.

Dave R

I grew up watching Crockett's Victory Garden on PBS and Jim always used 10-52-10 on seedlings from the time they emerged until they'd been planted in the garden for a few weeks. I guess I'm just a creature of habit but it's the way I've been doing it for close to 40 years with other plants so I figured it's good for tobacco. :)

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Just make certain that the K is not from muriate of potash or any other chloride salt, since high chloride causes a marked reduction in tobacco leaf combustion.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.