Whole Leaf Tobacco
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: WLT Honduran Habano Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by D0CH0LLIDAY View Post

If anyone else comes up with a good blend for this leaf, post it up!
    This is one of a very few tobaccos I enjoy as a puro.

Quote Originally Posted by FmGrowit View Post
    I wrapped a small humidor full of these as coronas about 6 months ago, and they're almost all gone

The cedar smell was through and through.
    Amateur Cigar roller, Tobacco enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by FmGrowit View Post
    Great, thanks. I'll roll one up and see how the puro is.

I'm just now diving into my first cigar leaf shipment from WLT. I have both the Honduras filler and wrapper, so I decided to roll some puros (with Sumatra binder). At first brush, the Honduras wrapper seems a bit challenging to get snug. The veins are a bit large, and it doesn't seem to have as much elasticity as my homegrown Corojo 99. Any tips for working with it?

Here are the sticks I made with the Honduras Havana filler and wrapper. Lighting was terrible, sorry.
    IMG_20171130_080042778.jpg

tobacco, roll with it...

I am actually very impressed with this leaf (and my own rolling efforts!). Draw is perfect, and the flavor is at least as good as any average stick I grab out of my humidor...IMG_20171130_223712066.jpg

Whoa, much better!
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcL View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mwaller View Post
    I'm just now diving into my first cigar leaf shipment from WLT. I have both the Honduras filler and wrapper, so I decided to roll some puros (with Sumatra binder). At first brush, the Honduras wrapper seems a bit challenging to get snug. The veins are a bit large, and it doesn't seem to have as much elasticity as my homegrown Corojo 99. Any tips for working with it?
    The thicker the leaf the more it will stretch. It is necessary that the leaf gets the time it takes to fully absorb the moister deep into it. I will lightly spray directly on the leaf and shake off the access to get it started but, most of it's absorption will come from the spraying the sides of the tubs I use to do it. Pinching/pulling out the crinkles, flattening throughout the time, de-stemming is saved till the time of assembly. Even the filler. I want flat leaf to start with so I can form it myself. Meaning, crinkled bits in the leaf can have burn problems. This all does not have to do with prepping the moister for assembly of low/medium/high.
    tobacco, roll with it...

Thanks, MarcL! I made another pair of sticks with the same wrapper, but I let it hydrate overnight. I had much better results - nice tight seams. Like everything, it just takes getting used to!
    I know what you mean about prepping the filler. I do my best to flatten it out before rolling the 'tubes.'
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcL View Post
    The thicker the leaf the more it will stretch. It is necessary that the leaf gets the time it takes to fully absorb the moister deep into it. I will lightly spray directly on the leaf and shake off the access to get it started but, most of it's absorption will come from the spraying the sides of the tubs I use to do it. Pinching/pulling out the crinkles, flattening throughout the time, de-stemming is saved till the time of assembly. Even the filler. I want flat leaf to start with so I can form it myself. Meaning, crinkled bits in the leaf can have burn problems. This all does not have to do with prepping the moister for assembly of low/medium/high.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast