Whole Leaf Tobacco
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Light and surface

Hello,

Does It exist a ratio counts of neon feet or meters squared covered?

I have three neon 4000 k °, of 1.20 m or 4 feet, 36 W each, I can cover who surface?

Bonjour,

Existe-t-il un ratio nombre de néon pieds ou mètres carré couverts ?

j'ai trois néon 4000 k°, de 1.20 m ou 4 pieds, 36 W chacun, je peux couvrir quelle surface...?

Re: Light and surface

I pay my tube neon 11 euros all inclusive with the station(resort) thus if I have to buy it more it is not a concern(marigold) except the consumption. At the moment I consume 36 multiplied by 3 equal 108 w / hour * 6:30 am till 23 hours...

je paye mon tube neon 11 euros tout compris avec la station donc si je dois en acheter plus ce n'est pas un souci... sauf la consommation. pour l'instant je consomme 36 multiplié par 3 égale 108 w / h * 6 h 30 jusqu'à 23 heures.

Light intensity is logarithmic. The "inverse square law" applies to light. 1cm away, the light is 4x more intense than at 2cm. 9x at 3cm, 16x at 4cm.

So the rule is, tobacco is too important to cheap out on light. Get as much light as you can and put it as close as you can.
    Now all them things that seemed so important, well mister they vanished right into the air - The Boss

Quote Originally Posted by Gavroche View Post
    I pay my tube neon 11 euros all inclusive with the station(resort) thus if I have to buy it more it is not a concern(marigold) except the consumption. At the moment I consume 36 multiplied by 3 equal 108 w / hour * 6:30 am till 23 hours...

je paye mon tube neon 11 euros tout compris avec la station donc si je dois en acheter plus ce n'est pas un souci... sauf la consommation. pour l'instant je consomme 36 multiplié par 3 égale 108 w / h * 6 h 30 jusqu'à 23 heures.
    100W x 16hrs = 1600Whrs = 1.6kWhrs per day
    How much do you pay for a kW hr? It can't be more than €0.15.

That's not a lot when you do the math.
    Now all them things that seemed so important, well mister they vanished right into the air - The Boss

Thank you very much ChinaV I am former photographer, thus I know the division of the light but then in this case tubes should contact almost on all the surface, I need 20, or 25, that begins to make ... a lot there are ways to optimize light sources? As reflectors?

Merci beaucoup ChinaV je suis ancien photographe, donc je connais la division de la lumière mais alors dans ce cas il faut que les tubes se touchent presque sur toute la surface, il m'en faut 20, ou 25, ça commence à faire beaucoup... il y a des moyens pour optimiser les sources lumineuses ? comme des réflecteurs ?

Sorry chinaV, the time(weather) which I write, translates and make the copied / stick, you had answered I do not speak a word of English I am going to buy three tubes neon furthermore

Désolé chinaV,le temps que j'écrive, traduise et fasse le copié/collé, vous aviez répondu...je ne parle pas un mot d'anglais... je vais acheter trois tubes neon de plus

Last year, I used 3x54W t5 fluorescent, and 1x200W compact fluorescent for 200 plants. This year is 3X54w t5 and 2x32W t8 on 144 plants.
    I don't know if that helps.

T5 is brighter so you can have more distance and cover more area; however, it burns the leaves that touch it so it's more work.

T5 is rather dear(expensive) and I read on forum of soilless culture that all the lamps worked. 4000 K ° would be good.
    In the meantime, I covered with white polystyrene to make references(referrals) of light and break the shadows. My tubes do not warm

X
    Le T5 est assez cher et j'ai lu sur les forum d'hydroponie que toutes les lampes fonctionnaient . 4000 K° serait bon.
    En attendant, j'ai recouvert de polystyrène blanc pour faire des renvois de lumière et casser les ombres. mes tubes ne chauffent pas

You can never have too much light..put as much as you can over them..and if your situation will allow..make yourself a greenhouse.

I just posted in my grow blog pictures of my homemade greenhouse
    GIVING BIG TOBACCO THE MIDDLE FINGER,

yes chicken but you leave in Floride... you've sun , here the weather is bad... rain and rain... and cold...Here we crash in full earth(ground) approximately May 20th in a month before there is always a risk of frost(gel)
    My plants are in my room(chamber) 21 ° celsius, i sleep with baby-tobacco... lol

translate

ici nous plantons en pleine terre le 20 mai environ... dans un mois avant il y a toujours un risque de gel

I place my plants near a window to get some natural light and supplement that with 6400K CFL for vegetative growth.
    I never looked at 4000K bulbs so not sure the of cost compared to 6500K or if the higher intensity would make a difference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast