Whole Leaf Tobacco
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Light and surface

I believe that the blue light 4000K is for the growth and 6500 for the blooming...

je crois que la lumière bleue 4000K est pour la croissance et 6500 pour la floraison...

2 members have Nominated this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavroche View Post
    I believe that the blue light 4000K is for the growth and 6500 for the blooming...

je crois que la lumière bleue 4000K est pour la croissance et 6500 pour la floraison...

4000k is for blooming
    6500 is for vegetative growth

Founding Member

Bonjour, Gav -

I have 2 40 watt daylight bulbs, just above my 90 seedlings. I think they are about 6500 k. And they work ok for me.

My starting chamber has one 20 watt daylight bulb in it. I turn on the light after the seeds germinate, and use it for about 3 weeks until I transplant into packs for growing on.

I have tried growlux bulbs - supposed to be blue and red - but they didn't seem to give much different growth results, and very expensive.

Actually 2700K is best for flowering.

Amateur Kentuckian ProfessorPangloss's Avatar

Buck is right. "Cool" light (4000k or more) is good for vegetative growth. "Warm" light (3000k or less) provokes flowering. My lights are all 4200k or 4500k and my plants are doing great.

1 members have Nominated this post.

As much light is as reasonably possible I'd a good idea, tobacco likes full sun. But put the lights on a timer and only run them during naturel daylight hours.

Look up your sunrise and sunset times and set the light timer to match. This way they have proper day and night cycles and will not "shock" so much when planted to the field.

The duration of day in the transplantation will be of 15 hours 40 , at the moment I have 16 hours30 with my lamps ( light ) I reduce from 15 minutes till 15 minutes to arrive at 15 hours 40 ?...

La durée du jour à la transplantation sera de 15 h 40 , en ce moment j'ai 16 h 30 avec mes lampes... je réduis de 15 minutes en 15 minutes pour arriver à 15 h 40 ?...

Amateur Kentuckian ProfessorPangloss's Avatar

1 members have Nominated this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavroche View Post
    The duration of day in the transplantation will be of 15 hours 40 , at the moment I have 16 hours30 with my lamps ( light ) I reduce from 15 minutes till 15 minutes to arrive at 15 hours 40 ?...

La durée du jour à la transplantation sera de 15 h 40 , en ce moment j'ai 16 h 30 avec mes lampes... je réduis de 15 minutes en 15 minutes pour arriver à 15 h 40 ?...
    I think you're close enough. I wouldn't worry to that extent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12