Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Light and surface

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavroche

Hello,

Does It exist a ratio counts of neon feet or meters squared covered?

I have three neon 4000 k °, of 1.20 m or 4 feet, 36 W each, I can cover who surface?

Bonjour,

Existe-t-il un ratio nombre de néon pieds ou mètres carré couverts ?

j'ai trois néon 4000 k°, de 1.20 m ou 4 pieds, 36 W chacun, je peux couvrir quelle surface...?

Gavroche

I pay my tube neon 11 euros all inclusive with the station(resort) thus if I have to buy it more it is not a concern(marigold) except the consumption. At the moment I consume 36 multiplied by 3 equal 108 w / hour * 6:30 am till 23 hours...

je paye mon tube neon 11 euros tout compris avec la station donc si je dois en acheter plus ce n'est pas un souci... sauf la consommation. pour l'instant je consomme 36 multiplié par 3 égale 108 w / h * 6 h 30 jusqu'à 23 heures.

ChinaVoodoo

Light intensity is logarithmic. The "inverse square law" applies to light. 1cm away, the light is 4x more intense than at 2cm. 9x at 3cm, 16x at 4cm.

So the rule is, tobacco is too important to cheap out on light. Get as much light as you can and put it as close as you can.

ChinaVoodoo

I pay my tube neon 11 euros all inclusive with the station(resort) thus if I have to buy it more it is not a concern(marigold) except the consumption. At the moment I consume 36 multiplied by 3 equal 108 w / hour * 6:30 am till 23 hours...

je paye mon tube neon 11 euros tout compris avec la station donc si je dois en acheter plus ce n'est pas un souci... sauf la consommation. pour l'instant je consomme 36 multiplié par 3 égale 108 w / h * 6 h 30 jusqu'à 23 heures.

100W x 16hrs = 1600Whrs = 1.6kWhrs per day
How much do you pay for a kW hr? It can't be more than €0.15.

That's not a lot when you do the math.

Gavroche

Thank you very much ChinaV I am former photographer, thus I know the division of the light but then in this case tubes should contact almost on all the surface, I need 20, or 25, that begins to make ... a lot there are ways to optimize light sources? As reflectors?

Merci beaucoup ChinaV je suis ancien photographe, donc je connais la division de la lumière mais alors dans ce cas il faut que les tubes se touchent presque sur toute la surface, il m'en faut 20, ou 25, ça commence à faire beaucoup... il y a des moyens pour optimiser les sources lumineuses ? comme des réflecteurs ?

Sorry chinaV, the time(weather) which I write, translates and make the copied / stick, you had answered I do not speak a word of English I am going to buy three tubes neon furthermore

Désolé chinaV,le temps que j'écrive, traduise et fasse le copié/collé, vous aviez répondu...je ne parle pas un mot d'anglais... je vais acheter trois tubes neon de plus

ChinaVoodoo

Last year, I used 3x54W t5 fluorescent, and 1x200W compact fluorescent for 200 plants. This year is 3X54w t5 and 2x32W t8 on 144 plants.
I don't know if that helps.

T5 is brighter so you can have more distance and cover more area; however, it burns the leaves that touch it so it's more work.

Gavroche

T5 is rather dear(expensive) and I read on forum of soilless culture that all the lamps worked. 4000 K ° would be good.
In the meantime, I covered with white polystyrene to make references(referrals) of light and break the shadows. My tubes do not warm

X
Le T5 est assez cher et j'ai lu sur les forum d'hydroponie que toutes les lampes fonctionnaient . 4000 K° serait bon.
En attendant, j'ai recouvert de polystyrène blanc pour faire des renvois de lumière et casser les ombres. mes tubes ne chauffent pas

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
You can never have too much light..put as much as you can over them..and if your situation will allow..make yourself a greenhouse.

I just posted in my grow blog pictures of my homemade greenhouse

Gavroche

yes chicken but you leave in Floride... you've sun , here the weather is bad... rain and rain... and cold...Here we crash in full earth(ground) approximately May 20th in a month before there is always a risk of frost(gel)
My plants are in my room(chamber) 21 ° celsius, i sleep with baby-tobacco... lol

translate

ici nous plantons en pleine terre le 20 mai environ... dans un mois avant il y a toujours un risque de gel

buck

I place my plants near a window to get some natural light and supplement that with 6400K CFL for vegetative growth.
I never looked at 4000K bulbs so not sure the of cost compared to 6500K or if the higher intensity would make a difference.

Gavroche

I believe that the blue light 4000K is for the growth and 6500 for the blooming...

je crois que la lumière bleue 4000K est pour la croissance et 6500 pour la floraison...

Jack in NB

Founding Member
Bonjour, Gav -

I have 2 40 watt daylight bulbs, just above my 90 seedlings. I think they are about 6500 k. And they work ok for me.

My starting chamber has one 20 watt daylight bulb in it. I turn on the light after the seeds germinate, and use it for about 3 weeks until I transplant into packs for growing on.

I have tried growlux bulbs - supposed to be blue and red - but they didn't seem to give much different growth results, and very expensive.

ProfessorPangloss

Amateur Kentuckian
Buck is right. "Cool" light (4000k or more) is good for vegetative growth. "Warm" light (3000k or less) provokes flowering. My lights are all 4200k or 4500k and my plants are doing great.

DGBAMA

As much light is as reasonably possible I'd a good idea, tobacco likes full sun. But put the lights on a timer and only run them during naturel daylight hours.

Look up your sunrise and sunset times and set the light timer to match. This way they have proper day and night cycles and will not "shock" so much when planted to the field.

Gavroche

The duration of day in the transplantation will be of 15 hours 40 , at the moment I have 16 hours30 with my lamps ( light ) I reduce from 15 minutes till 15 minutes to arrive at 15 hours 40 ?...

La durée du jour à la transplantation sera de 15 h 40 , en ce moment j'ai 16 h 30 avec mes lampes... je réduis de 15 minutes en 15 minutes pour arriver à 15 h 40 ?...

ProfessorPangloss

Amateur Kentuckian
The duration of day in the transplantation will be of 15 hours 40 , at the moment I have 16 hours30 with my lamps ( light ) I reduce from 15 minutes till 15 minutes to arrive at 15 hours 40 ?...

La durée du jour à la transplantation sera de 15 h 40 , en ce moment j'ai 16 h 30 avec mes lampes... je réduis de 15 minutes en 15 minutes pour arriver à 15 h 40 ?...

I think you're close enough. I wouldn't worry to that extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.