Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

New (well aged) Cigar Wrapper opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
As you guys know, I actively seek unusual types of cigar tobacco. I was recently approached with an offer to purchase two different types of Bahiano wrapper. One is Capa Claro 2009 crop and the other is Capa Castano Alto 2007 crop year. There isn't enough to list full pounds for sale, but these would be perfect for introducing "limited edition" type blends.

I'd like several of the forum's more experienced cigar blenders to create a couple (few) blends using this wrapper. Members with at least 250 posts or those who are regular customers of Whole Leaf Tobacco.com can request samples of 3 - 4 leaves (6 - 8 wrappers) and small samples of tobacco to use to create these blends if you don't already have them in your arsenal.

At the time of writing this post, I'm smoking a puro of the Castono. I don't want to influence your opinion on a flavor profile, but this stuff has a very strong nicotine hit, so be careful. I haven't tried the Claro yet. There are only 5 sample packs of each, so please don't be offended if you are not selected to contribute. Those who do contribute will receive one of each of the blends after they are put into production.

Please send requests via PM.

webmost

This sounds like fun. Hopefully, your more experienced blenders, like gdaddy and deluxe, will step up and develop some bangin blends.

webmost

Hell, I'll always take a stab. Write up a review with pics and everything. You have my addy.

You are a great humanitarian and a magnanimous patron of the sotweed arts.

Still think gdaddy and deluxe need to get in on this.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
A quick visit to Google Translate yielded this: Castano Alto (Italian) = "brown high." So this sounds like you rolled yourself a pure ligero cigar.

The Baiano Castano Alto as a wrapper might go very well with Dominican seco or Nicaragua Habano seco.

It would be tempting to match the Baiano Claro wrapper with your Mata Fina upper stalk filler, for a Brazilian puro (maybe blended down with Dominican seco), or the Claro wrapper as a hefty Piloto Cubano seco torro.

Using Mata Fina, I've been able to get a somewhat mild Brazilian taste. Maybe it needs a more potent, Baiano wrapper to shout, "Brazil!" (...or cry, "Uncle!")

I'd be happy to play with some.

Bob

webmost

Hell, I'll always take a stab. Write up a review with pics and everything. You have my addy.

You are a great humanitarian and a magnanimous patron of the sotweed arts.

Still think gdaddy and deluxe need to get in on this.

Hey Don, hold on.... Let me put in an order so you don't have to pay the freight on this trial stuff. That way you can make a couple bucks outta the deal. I want to stash more Mata and Piloto away, just in case of the inevitable tobaccolypse; and I wanted to try that Nic filler, and such not. Lemme go do that then you can throw it all in one box. It's that time of the month I blow bucks on more tobacco than I have use for.

Wish you had some interesting binder. I don't care for the dom binder. Tried it and gave it away. The PA broad isn't working with my latest experiments; tho it's fine for other things. Not sure what to try there.

Anyhoo, I'll go fire off an order now.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Thanks for the offers and input. Blending with other South American tobaccos is something definitely worth looking into. I'm not sure if there is any Mata Fina lower stalk position available, but I'll find out. Perhaps something from Peru or Columbia to create an Amazonia Blend would be interesting.

I'll look into more options

MarcL

I would be honored. I see you've beefed up your stock Don. I'd like to make up an order later to go with it if I'm chosen.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I would be honored. I see you've beefed up your stock Don. I'd like to make up an order later to go with it if I'm chosen.
Of course you've been chosen. Still a couple more samples available too.

I'll be out of the office tomorrow, but I'll do my best to get these shipped today.

MarcL

Of course you've been chosen. Still a couple more samples available too.

I'll be out of the office tomorrow, but I'll do my best to get these shipped today.

Thank you. I'll go ahead now and make up an order then. btw, your stock looks great!

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Cool, looking forward to see what people have to say about the new leaf!

Status
Not open for further replies.