Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Here is how I start my plants

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBonner

Founding Member
From seed to this size Is at 7 Weeks . Some varieties I have is about the same age and growing a little slower .
The weather is cloudy and about 50 F , it may get to the low 30's tonight .

These plants are Habano 2000 and are my fastest growing plants .

BigBonner

Founding Member
This plant was laid on my kitchen sink and this is what they will do if left laying down over night .
Plant crooked overnight
3zJonQD.jpg

Smokin Harley

Last season when we had a big rain with wind my young Va Gold plants got their feet taken out from under them and leaned over . I tried my best to stand them back up and attempt to shore up the stalks by mounding soil up but a few decided they preferred a prone position and grew bent like that. Ended up quickly suckering but those same sucker plants yielded almost as much good leaf as the main stalk .

BigBonner

Founding Member
When & what kind & how much fertilizer for float trays?
Gmac

I add fertilizer when they get almost as big as a dime .
I set my fertilizer around 0.7 to 0.9 on my meter .
I have to check the fertilizer often as plants use it up and I have to add more water and fertilizer . After a few days the water level will drop from 4 inches to 2 and I fill my beds back up .

Danny Babber

looking cigar tobacco too purchase around 50 plants. my email is ********.

Thanksb

Danny

From Deluxestogie: Please use a PM to the intended FTT member, if you would like to provide your email address.
Bob

Last edited by a moderator:

Gmac

Pan with light wicking soil . Not compacted , Light and fluffy

Do You wet the soil for sprouting or not?

Gmac

BigBonner

Founding Member
Pan seed starting . I wet the soil very lightly , then I mix my seeds with a little soil and sew on top of the soil in the pan . After seeding I add more water from the sides and it will wick up all over the pan .
I keep just enough moisture for them to germinate and not too wet to pack the soil . If they dry out and I have to add some more water . I may spray with a fine mist over the top .

The pans have a plastic lid and I stack those pans on top of each other on my kitchen counter top . No direct sunlight . My house has low e windows .

Wicking soil will wick up the right amount of water and you do not have to water from the top . My trays float on 4 inches of water . The hole in the bottom lets water wick up to the seed .

On my plug transfer , I fill the trays with soil lightly and after I put the tiny plants in the holes . I will spray lightly with some water in a fine mist on top . This is so the plants don't dry out and die before the soil wicks up water .
It may take a tray a couple of hours to completely wick up .

greenmonster714

Thanks for sharing your method Big. The dollar store sells those small 8x8 tins with a lid. I'm going to go that route after seeing how you did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.